Dr. Amar Purohit, MD
Endocrinologist, Geriatrician, Internist
Dr. Amar Purohit is an internist, endocrinologist, and geriatrician treating patients in New York City and the surrounding communities. He holds certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine in internal medicine, geriatric medicine, and endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism. He is also a member of professional organizations including the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, the Royal College of Physicians of Canada, The American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, and the Endocrine Society. In order to pursue his medical degree, Dr. Purohit attended the University of Rajasthan. He continued his medical education in the United States through studies at the Queens Hospital Center and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. Dr. Purohit has received specialized training in endocrinology at Mount Sinai Hosptial and completed an endocrinology fellowship program at the James J. Peters Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Patients visiting Dr. Purohit can receive a full range of medical services. He provides general consultations, osteoporosis evaluations, geriatric visits, and treatment for issues including obesity, chronic pain, high blood pressure, cognitive impairment, and cancer. When he is not treating patients, Dr. Purohit enjoys chess, bridge, travel, reading, theatre, and writing poetry.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Beth Israel Medical Center - Petrie Division
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- James J. Peters Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Fellowship in Endocrinology
- Medical School - Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Queens Hospital Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Hospital (Endocrinology)
- Endocrine Society
Amar Purohit, MD
155 East 76th Street, 1J
New York, NY 10021