About Dr. Andre De Castro Abreu
Serving the communities of Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, CA, Dr. Andre De Castro Abreu is an experienced urologist practicing at the Keck Medicine of USC. He attended the Universidade Federal do Ceará Faculdade de Medicina, where he completed his medical degree along with an internship. Dr. De Castro Abreu completed his residency in urology at Hospital São Lucas da PUCRS and further went on to complete a fellowship in minimally invasive surgery at the University of Southern California, Keck Hospital. Dr. De Castro Abreu is currently affiliated with Verdugo Hills Hospital, the Keck Hospital of USC, and USC Norris Cancer Hospital. He is well versed in both English and Portuguese. He believes that an amalgamation of sound medical judgment, technology, and an optimistic attitude are needed to guarantee quick recovery and thorough care. Dr. De Castro Abreu takes time out to listen to each patient's health concerns and works on the treatment accordingly. He ensures it suits their recovery and lifestyle. He is a patient-focused provider who works towards creating a personalized treatment plan.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Urological Surgeon
- Verdugo Hills Hospital
- Keck Hospital of USC
- USC Norris Cancer Hospital
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidade Federal do Ceará Faculdade de Medicina
- Universidade Federal do Ceará Faculdade de Medicina (Internship)
- University of Southern California, Keck Hospital, Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Hospital São Lucas da PUCRS, Residency in Urology
Awards and publications
- Diagnostic accuracy of a five-point Likert scoring system for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) evaluated according to results of MRI/ultrasonography image-fusion targeted biopsy of the prostate BJU Int. 2018 01; 121(1):77-83.
- Morphometric analysis of prostate zonal anatomy using magnetic resonance imaging: impact on age-related changes in patients in Japan and the USA BJU Int. 2017 10; 120(4):497-504.
- Detection of prostate cancer using magnetic resonance imaging/ultrasonography image-fusion targeted biopsy in African-American men BJU Int. 2017 08; 120(2):233-238.
Dr. Andre De Castro Abreu's office location
Keck Medicine of USC - Urology
Keck Medicine of USC - Health Sciences Campus
1516 San Pablo St, Ste 3500
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Patient reviews for Dr. Andre De Castro Abreu
Dr. Andre was friendly, thorough, and made me feel at ease. Would definitely recommend!
Given the circumstances it was pretty damn good. Dr & 2 nurses & reception all very welcoming.
Dr. Abreu is one of the most conscientious docters I have ever experienced. Dr Abreu attention to my medical remedy and quality of life is exceptional.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Congenital Kidney Disease
- Frequent Urination
- Genital Abnormalities
- Invasive Urologic Procedure
- Kidney Stones
- Laparoscopic Surgery Consultation
- Male Infertility
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Prostate Cancer Second Opinion
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Urological Surgery Consultation
- Urologic Cancer
- More Procedures