Dr. Benjamin Basseri, MD
Benjamin Basseri is an insightful and thorough gastroenterologist serving his patients in Los Angeles. At his practice, he and his fellow doctors place an importance on a comprehensive approach to digestive health, providing this care with compassion and care. Dr. Basseri is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and received his medical education from the University of California, Los Angeles. He completed his internal medicine residency at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, and completed his education with a fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology from the University of California, Los Angeles. Dr. Basseri has received special training to focus on GI motility disorders. He expands his medical education by attending seminars, including Digestive Disease Week, the American College of Gastroenterology Annual Meeting, and the Neurogastroenterology and Motility Scientific Meeting. He applies this knowledge and treats his patients using a variety of techniques, such as esophagogastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy, push enteroscopy, and capsule endoscopy. Dr. Basseri assists his patients in treating constipation, nausea, Hepatitis B and C, pancreas and gall bladder issues, and Crohn’s disease. In his spare time, Dr. Basseri enjoys playing basketball and learning about architecture. He is fluent in Spanish, English, Farsi.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Medical School - University of California, Los Angeles, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles, Fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Awards and publications
- Basseri B, Pimentel M, Shaye OA, Low K, Soffer EE, Conklin JL. Apple sauce improves detection of esophageal motor dysfunction during high-resolution manometry evaluation of dysphagia. Dig Dis Sci. 2011;56(6):1723-8.
- Basseri B, Kianmahd BD, Roostaeian J, Kohan E, Wasson KL, Basseri RJ, Bradley JP. Current national incidence, trends, and health care resource utilization of cleft lip-cleft palate. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011;127(3):1255-62.
- Basseri B, Conklin JL, Mertens RB, Lo SK, Bellack GS, Shaye OA. Heterotopic gastric mucosa (inlet patch) associated with laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR) and laryngeal carcinoma. Dis Esophagus. 2009;22(4):E1-5. Review.
8631 W 3rd St., Suite 1015E
Los Angeles, CA 90048