About Blaine Carmichael
A skilled and qualified physician assistant, Mr. Blaine Carmichael completed his associate's degree at the Community College of the Air Force. Post this, he attended the University of Nebraska, where he received a master's degree in physician assistant studies and a bachelor's degree. An experienced professional, Mr. Carmichael caters to the locals of Schertz, TX. He is fluent in English and has a working knowledge of Spanish. He currently practices at MedFirst Schertz Primary Care Clinic and focuses on giving patients the highest quality of care while guaranteeing their participation in managing their own medical condition. Passionate about medicine, Mr. Carmichael is an active member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Texas Academy of Physician Assistants, and the Bexar County Physician Assistant Society. He constantly keeps himself up-to-date on the most progressive techniques available.
- Aetna Better Health
- Physician Assistant
Education and training
- University of Nebraska, Master's in Physician Assistant Studies
- University of Nebraska (Bachelor's)
- Community College of the Air Force (Associate's)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Texas Academy of Physician Assistants
- Bexar County Physician Assistant Society
Awards and publications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Carmichael BP. Treatment of Acne, Towner Schaffer Report, October 17, 1982. Awarded the Society of Air Force Physician Assistants Publication Award, 1983
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Carmichael BP. What Could Cause Peripheral Neuropathy in an Adult Woman? Medscape Ask The Expert September 7, 2000. Available at: http://www.medscape.com/Medscape/PhysicianAsst/AskExperts/2000/09/PA-ae17.html
- Carmichael BP, What Are Treatment Options for Post-Herpetic Neuralgia? Medscape Ask The Expert November 21, 2000 Available at: http://www.medscape.com/Medscape/PhysicianAsst/AskExperts/2000/11/PA-ae29.html
Blaine Carmichael's office location
MedFirst Schertz Primary Care Clinic
16977 I-35 North, Suite 210
Schertz, TX 78154
Patient reviews for Blaine Carmichael, PA
Too the task, listened and gave good direction.
Dr. Carmichael did not seem to take in anything I was saying and asked the same questions multiple times. He often looked at me as though I was stupid or didn’t know what I was talking about and blamed me for not going to him first for a referral to other doctors that I have or am going to see. I will not be returning to his care. The office itself was wonderful and the other staff were easy to work with.
AMAZING! He took the time to discuss and explain things to me. Excellent professionalism! Knowledgeable, funny, and truly took the time to get to know me.
I would highly recommend PA Carmichael !
Dr. Carmichael is amazing. Within minutes of sitting down and talking with me, he was able to give me a few ideas as to what my problem was and offer options for treatment to help. Beyond my immediate concern and reason for visiting, he was able to identify other issues that might be contributing to my primary concern and offered advice on how to manage them, as well as suggestions for next steps. He was kind, funny, and direct. I quickly and happily made him my PCP. I recommend him very highly to anybody looking for a new doctor in the San Antonio area.
Great Doctor and very to the point kind of doctor
Very good initial visit with Blain. The whole staff was upbeat and professional. Exceeded my expectations.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- OB-GYN Consultation
- OB-GYN Follow Up
- Cornea Problems
- Nose Problems
- Abdominal Cramps
- Abnormal Eye Movement
- Abnormal Mammogram
- Abortion Consultation
- Acid Reflux / Heartburn
- Allergic Eye Problems
- Anal Itching
- More Procedures
- Aetna Physician Assistants
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Physician Assistants
- Cigna Physician Assistants
- UnitedHealthcare Physician Assistants
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Physician Assistants
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Physician Assistants
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Physician Assistants
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Physician Assistants
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Physician Assistants
- More Insurances