About Dr. Celina Ang
Mount Sinai Oncology will work with patients on a case by case basis to review insurance coverage. Patients can expect a call from the office after booking to discuss these details. The practice will try to accommodate the time selected however the appointment date and time may need to adjusted to better suit the specific patient case. I am a medical oncologist who specializes in the care of patients with gastrointestinal malignancies. My research interests focus on the investigation of new therapies for these diseases, particularly cancers of the liver and biliary system. We appreciate you choosing the Ruttenberg Treatment Center at the Mount Sinai Hospital for your oncology care. In order to ensure your physician has a comprehensive new patient consultation with you, we ask that you submit your medical records along with your Zocdoc appointment request. (Physician notes, radiology, pathology, and lab work results) You will receive a call within 24 business hours to confirm your appointment and receipt of medical records with one of our new patient coordinators. If you do not hear from our office within 48 business hours of your request, please call the office and press option #1.
- Aetna Better Health
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University, Doctor of Medicine
- Montreal General Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Fellowship in Gastrointestinal Oncology
- McGill University, Fellowship in Oncology
Awards and publications
- Ang C, Chambers AF, Tuck AB, Winquist E, Izawa JI. Plasma osteopontin levels are predictive of disease stage in patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. BJU international 2005 Nov; 51(6).
- Ang C, Guiot MC, Ramanakumar AV, Roberge D, Kavan P. Clinical significance of molecular biomarkers in glioblastoma.. Can J Neurol Sci 2005 Oct; 37(5): 625-30.
- Ang C, Hauerstock D, Guiot MC, Kasymjanova G, Roberge D, Kavan P, Muanza T. Characteristics and outcomes of medulloblastoma in adults. Pediatric blood & cancer 2008 Feb; 51(5).
- Ang C, Kornbluth M, Thirlwell M, Rajan R. Capecitabine-induced cardiotoxicity: case report and review of the literature. Current oncology (Toronto, Ont.) 2010 Sep; 17(1).
- Cohen V, Agulnik J, Ang C, Kasymjanova G, Batist G, Small D, Brandao G, Chong G, Miller WH. Epidermal growth factor receptor mutations detected by denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography in nonsmall cell lung cancer: impact on response to therapy with epidermal growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Can J Neurol Sci 2010 Sep; 37(18).
Dr. Celina Ang's office location
Mount Sinai Cancer
The Ruttenberg Treatment Center
1470 Madison Ave
New York, NY 10029
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Oncology Consultation
- Oncology Follow Up
- Bone Marrow Transplant Consultation
- Bone Marrow Transplant Follow Up
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer Genetic Counseling
- Cancer Treatment
- Colon Cancer
- Detection of Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Ewings Sarcoma
- Infusion Therapy
- More Procedures
- Aetna Oncologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Oncologists
- Cigna Oncologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oncologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Oncologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Oncologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Oncologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Oncologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Oncologists
- More Insurances