Dr. Dean Jacobs, MD
Dr. Dean Jacobs has been a pediatrician in Orange County since 2008. He was honored by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Orange County Chapter as the 2010-2011 AAP Young Physician of the Year, and he has received three National AAP Special Achievement Awards for his “distinguished service and dedication to the mission and goals of the academy” which is dedicated to the health of all children. Since 2011, Dr. Jacobs serves on the AAP Chapter Board of Directors, where he was President from 2015-2017, and he has also been Vice-President, Treasurer, and a Committee Chair. From 2014-2017, he also served on the AAP California Executive Board of Directors, and has attended numerous national meetings and conferences on behalf of the children of Orange County and California. In addition, he is an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of California at Irvine, where he teaches the pediatric residents, and he is a founding member of their UCI Champions of Child Health Leadership Committee. Since 2014, he also serves as the Physician Chair of the Ethics Committee for CHOC Children’s Hospital helping patients, families, and their medical team to solve complex challenging issues, and he is also a member of their Joint Leadership Committee. He has a passion for advocacy and working to make a difference in the lives of all children, from those in his pediatric office in Orange County, to those affected by public policy locally, in Sacramento, and in Washington D.C.. Dr. Jacobs grew up in Northern California, completed his undergraduate education at the University of Pennsylvania, received his medical degree from the University of California at Davis, and did his pediatric residency training at University of Southern California - Los Angeles County Medical Center.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- American Board of Pediatrics
Education and training
- Medical School - University of California, Davis, Doctor of Medicine
- Los Angeles County+University of Southern California Medical Center, Residency in Pediatrics
Awards and publications
- Dean Jacobs was honored by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Orange County Chapter as the 2010-2011 AAP Young Physician of the Year.
- He has received three National AAP Special Achievement Awards for his “distinguished service and dedication to the mission and goals of the academy” which is dedicated to the health of all children.
MemorialCare Medical Group Santa Ana
MemorialCare Medical Group
1212 W 17th St
Santa Ana, CA 92706