About Dr. Dean Jacobs
Dr. Dean Jacobs has been a pediatrician in Orange County since 2008. He was honored by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Orange County Chapter as the 2010-2011 AAP Young Physician of the Year, and he has received three National AAP Special Achievement Awards for his “distinguished service and dedication to the mission and goals of the academy” which is dedicated to the health of all children. Since 2011, Dr. Jacobs serves on the AAP Chapter Board of Directors, where he was President from 2015-2017, and he has also been Vice-President, Treasurer, and a Committee Chair. From 2014-2017, he also served on the AAP California Executive Board of Directors, and has attended numerous national meetings and conferences on behalf of the children of Orange County and California. In addition, he is an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of California at Irvine, where he teaches the pediatric residents, and he is a founding member of their UCI Champions of Child Health Leadership Committee. Since 2014, he also serves as the Physician Chair of the Ethics Committee for CHOC Children’s Hospital helping patients, families, and their medical team to solve complex challenging issues, and he is also a member of their Joint Leadership Committee. He has a passion for advocacy and working to make a difference in the lives of all children, from those in his pediatric office in Orange County, to those affected by public policy locally, in Sacramento, and in Washington D.C.. Dr. Jacobs grew up in Northern California, completed his undergraduate education at the University of Pennsylvania, received his medical degree from the University of California at Davis, and did his pediatric residency training at University of Southern California - Los Angeles County Medical Center.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- American Board of Pediatrics
Education and training
- Medical School - University of California, Davis, Doctor of Medicine
- Los Angeles County+University of Southern California Medical Center, Residency in Pediatrics
Awards and publications
- Dean Jacobs was honored by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Orange County Chapter as the 2010-2011 AAP Young Physician of the Year.
- He has received three National AAP Special Achievement Awards for his “distinguished service and dedication to the mission and goals of the academy” which is dedicated to the health of all children.
Dr. Dean Jacobs's office locations
MemorialCare Medical Group Santa Ana
MemorialCare Medical Group
1212 W 17th St
Santa Ana, CA 92706
MemorialCare Medical Group Santa Ana
17251 17th Street, Suite B
Tustin, CA 92780
Patient reviews for Dr. Dean Jacobs
It was great!
Muy amable el doctor muy bueno atento con los niños.
Really good, well resived.
It was great, quick, effecient, and the doctor answered all of my questions. And gave me great information and advice.
Muy agradable el doctor muy atento y amigable exelente.
It was great.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Child with Fever
- 12 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 15 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 18 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 1 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 24 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 2 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 2 Week Well Baby Checkup
- 30 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 3-7 Day Well-Baby Checkup
- 3 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 4 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 6 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- 9 Month Well-Baby Checkup
- Annual Pediatric Checkup
- More Procedures
- Aetna Pediatricians
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Pediatricians
- Cigna Pediatricians
- UnitedHealthcare Pediatricians
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Pediatricians
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Pediatricians
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Pediatricians
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Pediatricians
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Pediatricians
- More Insurances