About Dr. Dennis Riff
Dr. Dennis S. Riff is the founder of AGMG medical group. Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, he is the father of four children including a son who is a fellow in gastroenterology at the University of Pennsylvania and will hopefully be joining the practice in the future. Dr. Riff is the author of multiple articles appearing in the literature on the treatment of diseasse of the gastrointestinal tract and on multiple other conditions. Dr. Riff went to Franklin and Marshall College and then to Jefferson Medical College. He graduated from both schools with distinction and went on to do his internship in internal medicine at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. He is certified by the Board of Internal Medicinie. Dr. Riff moved to California in 1972 and did a residency in internal medicine as well as completed a fellowship in Gastroenterology at University of California Irvine. He started clinical practice in Anaheim in 1976 with all other doctors joining him thereafter. Dr. Riff is skilled in all endoscopic procedures and has done thousands of colonoscopies and upper gastrointestinal endoscopies. He is a compassionate and warm individual and an experienced physician in both Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Western Medical Center Santa Ana
- Placentia-Linda Hospital
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Thomas Jefferson University, Doctor of Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Internship in Internal Medicine
- University of California Irvine Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of California Irvine Medical Center, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Orange County Medical Associaton
- American Medical Association
Awards and publications
- Served as Chairman of Internal Medicine
- Served as Team Physician for Los Angeles Rams
Dr. Dennis Riff's office locations
Associated Gastroenterology Medical Group
2617 E Chapman Ave, Suite 302
Orange, CA 92869
Associated Gastroenterology Medical Group
1211 W La Palma Ave, Suite 306
Anaheim, CA 92801
Patient reviews for Dr. Dennis Riff
Nice smart guy. Good bedside and enjoyed my visit as much as I could have at a dr. office.
My appointment was better than expected!
The staff and Dr. Riff do an excellent job! I always feel they are looking out for my health care!
Very professional and personable. Very thorough and a good listener. Great sense of humour - was able to make a less than comfortable situation more comfortable with a joke or light-hearted comment. Is careful and conservative with prescriptions, which is a good thing. I would highly recommend him.
He was a soft well spoken doctor and help me understand my specific needs.
Dr. Riff is great. Won't beat around the bush and is very friendly.
Quick, professional and to the point.
Not my 1st choice for a PCP or GP. I'm sure he's fine in his field of expertise, but that's not why I came to see him. He is a skeptic when it comes to Lyme Disease diagnosis and I don't think he thinks too highly of Naturalpaths either. Looking forward to him helping me with other issues that need pharmaceuticals.
Even though ZocDoc let me check in online, the physicians office made me fill out all of the same information again.
The lobby needs to be bigger with more chairs for all of the people that are assigned appointed times to see the doctor.........its very crowded and noise with their talking/cells, etc. This is my biggest complaint.
Very cool down-to-earth doctor. Great guy!
it was pain less every one was great
Dr. Riff is an excellent physician. He takes his time and answers all questions.
Best Dr. I have seen in a long time.
Dr. Riff was exactly luke what I read about him. He was patient, nice, caring, and truly acted like he was interested in me and helping me to get better. I was almost convinced that there wasn't any more doctors like him.
Dr. Dennis Riff is the best of the best!!! Great with people, explains things in understandable terms. Highly intelligent with an exceptional sense of humor!
Dr. Riff has always been a kind and patient doctor with me, for as long as I've seen him.
Dr. Riff has a great personality! He is very knowledgeable & explains in language I can understand. Great Dr, highly recommend.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Gastroenterology Consultation
- Gastroenterology Follow Up
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux / Heartburn
- Biliary Tract Problem
- Black Stool / Melena
- Blood in Stool
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colonoscopy Consultation
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive Problem
- Food Intolerance
- More Procedures
- Aetna Gastroenterologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- Cigna Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Gastroenterologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Gastroenterologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Gastroenterologists
- More Insurances