About Dr. Douglas Senderoff
Dr. Douglas Senderoff, MD, FACS' office specializes in taking exceptional care of each plastic surgery patient from the initial complimentary consultation to the post-operative period. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the Surgeon's staff to the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final surgical outcome.
- Plastic Surgeon
- Beth Israel Medical Center
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Doctor of Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Residency in Plastic Surgery
- The Mount Sinai Hospital, Fellowship in Microsurgery
- Beth Israel Medical Center, Residency in General Surgery
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American College of Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Senderoff D. and Surick B: "Traumatic Rupture of the Gallbladder" Resident and Staff Physician 38(8):53, 1992
- Senderoff D: "When Death Restores Life" New York State Journal of Medicine 93:189, 1993
- Senderoff D, Zhang W, Israeli D, Mussat F, Urken M, Weinberg H: "The Additive Beneficial Effect of UW Solution and Urokinase on Experimental Microvascular Free Flap Survival" Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery 9(3):197,1993
Dr. Douglas Senderoff's office location
Park Avenue Aesthetic Surgery
461 Park Ave S, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Patient reviews for Dr. Douglas Senderoff
Doctor and staff was great. However, was miscommunication from price given to me over the phone and then price given to me in the office.
I went to Doctor Senderoff for a very simple procedure - my ear piercings had stretched out after years of wearing heavy earrings, and he stitched them back up. He knowingly quoted me an incorrect recovery time in my initial consultation - stating the stitches could be removed after 7 days. I followed up with his office closer to my surgery date, and they told me the stitches could be removed after only five days. When I surgery was complete, the doctor told me that there would be a two week recovery, which was understandably upsetting, because I received new information only after the procedure was complete. The receptionist scheduled my follow-up visit ten days later, so I asked her to please confirm with the Doctor, and he confirmed. When I came in, he told me that I needed to come back after a full two weeks had passed, and that that was standard. I can only imagine what a circus this would've been if I had requested a more serious procedure, and I just feel lucky that I didn't entrust him with more. I should probably also mention that he didn't provide any detail around at-home care.
The office was beautiful and the front desk associates were welcoming. Doctor Senderoff was incredibly kind, intelligent, and well versed. He even knows another surgeon who I have had a wonderful experience with! His patient coordinator, on the other hand, had no idea what was happening in the office. She didn't even know what to give me a quote for and just blurted out a number without even knowing what procedure I was interested in. I had just finished having a facial consult with the doctor and when I met her for pricing, she asked if I was visiting for a tummy tuck! How rude! I would recommend the doctor, but don't expect much from that patient coordinator.
The place, right off the elevator, feels very tacky. It is supposed to be high-end New York-look but comes off as cheesy and makes you feel immediately superfluous for even being in such a place, regardless of the reason for your surgery. Dr Senderoff was extremely fast going over the very basic points of the surgery. It is a free consultation and it feels like one. Then I had to wait for 45 mins for another person to tell me the ridiculously expensive fee they would charge me, which the Dr could have told me himself and save all of us time. Overall, will not use this doctor, will not recommend it.
Dr. Senderoff is courteous and unassuming. He has a good manner that facilitates conversation. He is knowledgeable and able to answer questions in layman's terms.
The doctor was very knowledgeable and took his time. I'm considering using him for a procedure. The wait time was very long about an hour!
Dr. Senderoff is the best! I spent a lot of time researching plastic surgeons in NYC and I have to say that out of all the plastic surgeon's I met with Dr. Senderoff made me feel the most comfortable for breast implants. He comes across as very intelligent and empathetic. He has an amazing before & after gallery which you can review. The plastic surgery office is beautiful and the staff is helpful. He has high-technology where you can see digital expected results of your surgery and he prints it out and let's you take it home. His pricing is great for NYC and especially great for a plastic surgeon with his credentials. I highly recommend him if you are looking for a plastic surgeon in NYC.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Plastic Surgery Consultation
- Plastic Surgery Follow Up
- Anti-Aging Treatment
- Botox Treatment
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Surgery
- Buttock Correction (Lift / Augmentation)
- Chemical Peel
- Chin Correction
- Cosmetic Surgery Consultation
- Ear Surgery / Otoplasty
- More Procedures
- Aetna Plastic Surgeons
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Plastic Surgeons
- Cigna Plastic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Plastic Surgeons
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Plastic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Plastic Surgeons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Plastic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Plastic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Plastic Surgeons
- More Insurances