Dr. Eddie Turner, MD
Urgent Care Specialist
Dr. Turner is a Family Medicine trained physician who specializes in Urgent Care and Emergency Care Medicine. He received his Bachelor of Science in Biology from Savannah State University in Savannah, Georgia in 1997. He received his Medical Degree from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis, Tennessee in 2004. In 2009, he completed a Family Medicine Residency at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Prior to starting the Satcher Health Leadership Institute, he completed a National Research Scholar Award Fellowship in Primary Care Research and participated in the Master of Public Health program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Dr. Turner has received numerous awards including the Outstanding Resident Award from Baylor College of Medicine, American Medical Association Foundation Leadership Award, American Academy of Family Physicians/Bristol-Myers Squibb Award for Excellence in Graduate Medical Education, and the Baylor College of Medicine House Staff Excellence in Teaching Award. Dr. Turner's research interests include medical workforce diversity, particularly related to preparing minorities for healthcare careers, and the impact of quality improvement in primary care on eliminating health disparities.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Urgent Care Specialist
Education and training
- Baylor College of Medicine, Residency in Family Medicine
- Medical School - University of Tennessee, Memphis, Doctor of Medicine
Awards and publications
- American Academy of Family Physicians/Bristol-Myers Squibb Award for Excellence in Graduate Medical Education
- American Medical Association Foundation Leadership Award
- Baylor College of Medicine House Staff Excellence in Teaching Award
- Outstanding Resident Award from Baylor College of Medicine
Mableton Urgent Care
4855 Floyd Rd. SW
Mableton, GA 30126