Dr. Emil Soorani, MD
Hello, My Name is Dr. Emil Soorani. I have been in private practice in West Los Angeles for over 30 years. I find great fulfillment in teaching new UCLA doctors compassionate care and am part of UCLA's Anxiety Disorder's Clinic. I bring this compassionate care to my patients. I assist individuals in uncovering issues so they can return optimal health. I am experienced in treating patients with complex psychiatric/medical, pain disorders and dementias. I also offer great experience in treating patients with neurological disorders like Parkinson's Disease & various dementias including TBI. By arrangement, I can provide private house calls (Concierge Medical Care). My main specialty is psychopharmacology. I specialize in Mood (Depression/Bi-polar), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety, PTSD, as well as psychiatric patients with Complex Medical Issues. I treat teenagers, young adults, and geriatric patients. I am Medical Director for Westside Neurotherapeutics for DTMS (Deep Brain Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation). My approach is a compassionate and mindful approach to medicine. People need to feel comfortable and cared for in the process of medical and psychiatric treatment. I often combine meditative technique with exercise and stress reduction as part of my patient's medical psychiatric treatment. This is very important. NOTE: Dr. Soorani does perform home visits & concierge medicine under certain circumstances, but does not post these hours online. If you are interested in an evaluation in your own home, please contact Dr. Soorani directly. *At this time, Dr. Soorani does not accept insurance but will provide Superbill to your insurer. Feel free to contact his office prior to your appointment to discuss his fees.
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Education and training
- Hillside Hospital, Residency in General Psychiatry
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Residency in General Psychiatry
- Medical School - Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara Facultad de Medicina
- University of the State of New York, Doctor of Medicine
- American Psychiatric Association
- Phi Delta Epsilon International Medical Fraternity
Awards and publications
- Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Faculty
Emil Soorani, M.D.
2444 Wilshire Blvd, 302
Santa Monica, CA 90403