Dr. Gerardo Miranda-Comas, MD
Physiatrist, Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Gerardo Miranda-Comas practices at Mount Sinai. He speaks fluent English, Spanish, and Portuguese. He completed his residency in Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, and further went on to complete his fellowship in Sports Medicine at the same institution. Before this, he received his medical degree as well as his bachelor’s degree from the same university. Dr. Miranda-Comas is a skilled sports medicine specialist proudly serving the community of New York, NY. He is board certified in sports medicine, physical medicine and rehabilitation, musculoskeletal sonography, and electrodiagnostic medicine. Dr. Miranda-Comas works in association with the Mount Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai Downtown at Union Square Division in New York, NY. He is a part of several esteemed professional societies including the Association of Academic Physiatrists, the American College of Sports Medicine, and the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine. Dr. Miranda-Comas majorly focuses on preventive health care and treats patients in a structured manner, focusing not just on the ailment but also on the general well-being of the patient. He believes in delivering quality care that focuses on patient comfort and seamless recovery.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel - Petrie Division
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Sports Medicine (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, Residency in Rehabilitation Medicine
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (Bachelor's)
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- International Federation of Sports Medicine
Awards and publications
- Micheo W, Rivera-Vega A, Miranda G. Glenohumeral Instability. In: Frontera WR, Silver JK, Rizzo TD. Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 3rd edition. Elsevier Saunders; 2015: 66-72.
- Acevedo R, Rivera-Vega A, Miranda G, Micheo W. Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury: Identification of Risk Factors and Prevention Strategies. Curr Rep in Sport Med 2014; 13(3): 186-191.
- Miranda GE, Mas M, Lopez D, Perez C, Micheo W. Epidemiology of Volleyball Related Injuries in the Young Athlete. Int J Sports Exerc Med 2015; 1: 5.
- Miranda G. Disorders of the Postero-Lateral Hip. PMR Knowledge Now,E-publication. Accepted 11/22/2015.
- Miranda G, Torres R. Epidemiology of Traumatic Periphjeral Nerve Injuries Evaluated by Electrodiagnostic Studies in a Tertiary Care Hospital Clinic. PRHSJ. Vol 35, No 2 (2016): 76-80.
Mount Sinai Doctors
Mount Sinai Union Square
10 Union Square East, 5th Floor Suite 5P
New York, NY 10003