About Dr. Gerardo Miranda-Comas
Dr. Gerardo Miranda-Comas practices at Mount Sinai. He speaks fluent English, Spanish, and Portuguese. He completed his residency in Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, and further went on to complete his fellowship in Sports Medicine at the same institution. Before this, he received his medical degree as well as his bachelor’s degree from the same university. Dr. Miranda-Comas is a skilled sports medicine specialist proudly serving the community of New York, NY. He is board certified in sports medicine, physical medicine and rehabilitation, musculoskeletal sonography, and electrodiagnostic medicine. Dr. Miranda-Comas works in association with the Mount Sinai Hospital and Mount Sinai Downtown at Union Square Division in New York, NY. He is a part of several esteemed professional societies including the Association of Academic Physiatrists, the American College of Sports Medicine, and the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine. Dr. Miranda-Comas majorly focuses on preventive health care and treats patients in a structured manner, focusing not just on the ailment but also on the general well-being of the patient. He believes in delivering quality care that focuses on patient comfort and seamless recovery.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel - Petrie Division
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Sports Medicine (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, Residency in Rehabilitation Medicine
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (Bachelor's)
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- International Federation of Sports Medicine
Awards and publications
- Micheo W, Rivera-Vega A, Miranda G. Glenohumeral Instability. In: Frontera WR, Silver JK, Rizzo TD. Essentials of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 3rd edition. Elsevier Saunders; 2015: 66-72.
- Acevedo R, Rivera-Vega A, Miranda G, Micheo W. Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury: Identification of Risk Factors and Prevention Strategies. Curr Rep in Sport Med 2014; 13(3): 186-191.
- Miranda GE, Mas M, Lopez D, Perez C, Micheo W. Epidemiology of Volleyball Related Injuries in the Young Athlete. Int J Sports Exerc Med 2015; 1: 5.
- Miranda G. Disorders of the Postero-Lateral Hip. PMR Knowledge Now,E-publication. Accepted 11/22/2015.
- Miranda G, Torres R. Epidemiology of Traumatic Periphjeral Nerve Injuries Evaluated by Electrodiagnostic Studies in a Tertiary Care Hospital Clinic. PRHSJ. Vol 35, No 2 (2016): 76-80.
Dr. Gerardo Miranda-Comas's office location
Mount Sinai Doctors
Mount Sinai Union Square
10 Union Square East, 5th Floor Suite 5P
New York, NY 10003
Patient reviews for Dr. Gerardo Miranda-Comas
Very friendly and personable staff. Informative visit and clear desire to treat issues holistically and with non-invasive measures where possible.
Everyone that interacted with me fro the Dr's assistant to the receptionist was super nice. The Dr came in with 2 interns and I love when that happens because the Dr takes the time to explain to them as well as me what the prognosis is and treatment. I needed an x-ray which was in the same office. The technician took it in 5 minutes and the Dr told me is was clean right away. Overall an excellent experience
Great doctor really takes the time to walk through symptoms/treatment and is so nice and personable! Definitely would recommend.
Very impressed with my visit. Dr. Miranda-Comas took the time to listen to my concerns, understand my gos, educate me on general concepts and walk me through a recovery plan. Definitely recommend!!
Very happy with visit
Dr. Miranda was thorough and very helpful during my appointment. He explained everything that we talked about, gave me recommendations and asked if I had any questions. Dr. Miranda and his team were all kind and attentive during my visit. I would definitely return!
Happy with the visit.
I had a couple of injuries from sports (primarily running). This doctor is amazing. He takes his time to thoroughly diagnose. He listens carefully to your history and symptoms. He gets to the treatment that's needed to get you back up and running. Absolutely 100% recommended. Fantastic doctor.
Excellent experience! Answered all my questions and was able to determine cause of my pain and recommended course of action. Would recommend to anyone!
Very helpful and took his time to explain his diagnosis and the recommended treatment
Dr. Miranda-Comas was very thorough. He took his time in performing several exercises to determine the source of the pain in my back and hip. His bedside manner was excellent. Visiting his office was a great experience and all of the positive feedback on Zocdoc is well deserved.
He was really friendly and helpful. Would definitely come back.
Excellent Doctor. Efficient and informative, kind.
Dr. Miranda-Comas answered all my questions. Helped relieve some of the pain I was feeling immediately. Great job at explaning everything.
It was positive and he was engaging and listened my hip and shoulder history. This open communication lead to pain management plans.
Dr. Miranda listens closely and carefully, takes time to explain everything and answer all questions, genuinely caring and attentive.
Really great attention. Very long wait time but staff was polite about it.
Dr. Miranda-Comas was polite, friendly and listened to all of my symptoms before giving me recommendations regarding therapy. He had a great bedside manner and I would highly recommend him.
Dr. Miranda is the man - really smart and really nice. great dr.
Doctor was thorough and went through the whole diagnosis with me, was easy to talk to, and definitely showed concern for the pain I have.
Everyone was helpful and I would highly recommend.
Dr Gerardo is very kind and professional. He carefully examined my wrist and informed me all treatment options and then patiently listened to all my questions. He is also very thoughtful too, as seen from that he helped cut the sprint to fit my hand when it was too big.
Dr. Miranda Comas was thorough, knowledgable and had great bedside manner. He gave ample time to ask questions and explained everything to me in clear cut and precise language. I appreciated his time trying to educate me on my achielles pain, and he was super helpful. Would definitely recommend!
Very good communicator
Very engaging and clearly explained everything that was happening.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Amputation Prevention
- Amputation Rehabilitation
- Ankle Problems
- Arm Pain
- Back Injection
- Back Pain
- Back Problems
- Bulging / Protruding Disc
- Cerebral Palsy / Other Motor Disabilities
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Chronic Pain
- Compression Fracture
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- More Procedures
- Aetna Physiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- Cigna Physiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Physiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Physiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Physiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Physiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Physiatrists
- More Insurances