About Dr. Hermes Garcia-Sanchez
Dr. Garcia-Sanchez is a clinician in Internal Medicine and Nephrology. He went to the University of Carabobo Medical School in Valencia, Venezuela. His Internal Medicine Internship and Residency was at Grady Hospital, VA Medical Center, and The Division of General Internal Medicine (GIM) of Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM). Following this, he did his fellowship at Emory University in Nephrology. As a clinician-educator, Dr. Garcia-Sanchez's focus is primarily on the care of patients with kidney disease and on the education of his medical colleagues and patients. He functions as the founding member/director of Nephrology of Georgia dedicated to the specialized care of patients with kidney disease. In his clinical practice, he is a general Nephrologist and Internist, seeing patients with chronic kidney disease or electrolyte disturbances, hypertension and internal medicine. He practices both in the outpatient Nephrology and Internal Medicine clinic, as well as on the inpatient setting.
- Floyd Medical Center
- Gwinnett Medical Center
- Piedmont Hospital
- Gwinnett Medical Center - Duluth
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Nephrology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad de Carabobo Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud, Valencia
- Emory University (Fellowship)
- Morehouse School of Medicine, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Emory University, Fellowship in Nephrology
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Nephrology
- Renal Physicians Association
Awards and publications
- Jesús Rodríguez, Ana Mantilla, Diana Mantilla, Jean Lizarraga, Hermes Garcia.. Maximum inspiratory and expiratory pressure. Normal values in apparently healthy adults individuals. Valencia, Venezuela 2002. SALUS Magazine 2004 Vol. 8-N 3. Salus Magazine. 2004 Dec; 8-N(2004, Jesús Rodríguez, Ana Mantilla, Diana Mantilla, Jean Lizarraga, Hermes Garcia)
- A double-blind, randomized clinical trial comparing soybean oil–based versus olive oil–based lipid emulsions in adult medical–surgical intensive care unit patients requiring parenteral nutrition. Umpierrez, G., Smiley, D., Garcia, H. Crit Care Med 40 (6): 1-7, 2012(2012, Umpierrez, G., Smiley, D., Garcia, H)
- Koch, D., Chin, A., Kazzi, Z., Kezar, C., Garcia, H., Beam, K., Lewis, A., Cheney, S.. (2009, July). Comparison of a point-of-care whole blood beta-hydroxybutyrate system with a clinical laboratory reference method. Poster presented at: American Association for Clinical Chemistry 2009 Annual Meeting; Chicago, IL(2009, Koch, D., Chin, A., Kazzi, Z., Kezar, C., Garcia, H., Beam, K., Lewis, A., Cheney, S)
Dr. Hermes Garcia-Sanchez's office location
Nephrology of Georgia
3790 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Suite 204
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
Patient reviews for Dr. Hermes Garcia-Sanchez
Excellent job by the whole staff. Very professional and friendly.
Thank you Dr Hermee Gracia
Dr. Garcia-Sanchez is always attentive and explains what is going on in detail. I was glad I was able to schedule an appointment in short notice.
Very good doctor . The visit was perfect.
The doctor is sweet and calm but not very focused. I was written the wrong vaccination to receive and when the nurse who was about to administer it at a different location told me and him he acted as if it was no big deal. I’m not ok with a doctor who doesn’t care enough about his practice to make sure he’s giving the correct medication to a patient.
Dr Sanchez was very pleasant and knowledgeable and willing to give any advice and information needed
Excelente Doctor, explica todo muy bien..ambiente muy cálido y amables .
Doctor Garcia-Sanchez was great. I am looking forward to having him as my primary care physician. He was very prompt, attentive, and thorough. The doctor personally administered all aspects of my physical including an EKG, bloodwork, and flu vaccine. I was comfortable and did not feel rushed or dismissed at all when asking questions or describing symptoms. Front desk staff was friendly and attentive and facility was also clean and tidy.
Dr. Garcia-Sanchez is very professional and took the time to listen to my health concerns. I was very pleased with the care I received.
Everyone in the office is very kind. The doctor was very personable, he answered all my questions and did not rush the appointment.
Fantastic. My appointment began on time and he greeted me personally. He took the time to address my concerns and symptoms as well as to make sure I was comfortable with all the information. He made sure to ask if I had additional questions and laid out a game plan of next steps if I didn’t see improvement. He talked to me about a great discount program for prescriptions, that’s free, plus sent me a link for the ones he’d prescribed me after he called in the script for me. Great experience, I’m very happy.
Great doctor! Extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Answered all my questions.
Dr. Garcia-Sanchez is an amazing doctor. He is knowledgeable and takes his time to explain so you understand everything. He is personable and his staff is extremely accommodating.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Nephrology Consultation
- Nephrology Follow Up
- Adrenal Hypertension
- Alport Syndrome
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Autoimmune Liver Disease
- Blood in Urine / Hematuria
- Blood Pressure Testing
- Blood Vessel Inflammation / Vasculitis
- Burning Sensation in Urine
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- More Procedures
- Aetna Nephrologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Nephrologists
- Cigna Nephrologists
- UnitedHealthcare Nephrologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Nephrologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Nephrologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Nephrologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Nephrologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Nephrologists
- More Insurances