About Dr. Ira Meisels
Ira Meisels is a skilled and accomplished nephrologist serving the community of New York, NY. Dr. Meisels attended Yale University, where he received his medical degree. He completed his residency in internal medicine, and fellowship in nephrology at Harvard University, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Dr. Meisels is a part of University Medical Practice Associates and is affiliated with Mount Sinai West in New York, NY. He is board certified in nephrology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Meisels is uncompromising in his dedication to the well-being of his patients. He is committed to giving the best care and establishing long-lasting relationships with them. He treats a range of conditions, and he is eager to help the wider community receive the care they deserve.
- Mount Sinai West
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Nephrology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Yale University, Doctor of Medicine
- Harvard University, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Harvard University, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Fellowship in Nephrology
Awards and publications
- Gefen JY, Fox D, Giangola G, Ewing DR, Meisels IS. The transposed forearm loop arteriovenous fistula: a valuable option for primary hemodialysis access in diabetic patients. Ann Vasc Surg 2002; 16:89-94.
- Berns JS, Elzein H, Lynn RI, Fishbane S, Meisels IS, DeOreo PB. Hemoglobin variability in Epoetin-treated hemodialysis patients. Kidney Int. 2003; 64(4):1514-1521.
- Berns JS, Fishbane S, Elzein H, Lynn RI, Deoreo PB, Tharpe DL, Meisels IS. The effect of a change in epoetin alfa reimbursement policy on anemia outcomes in hemodialysis patients. Hemodialysis International 2005; 9(3): 255-263.
- Sarkar SR, Kuhlmann MK, Kotanko P, Zhu F, Heymsfield SB, Wang J, Meisels IS, Gotch FA, Kaysen GA, Levin NW. Metabolic consequences of body size and body composition in hemodialysis patients. Kidney Int. 2006; 70(10):1832-1839.
- Bansal A, Sandhu G, Chitale RA, Jones J, Meisels IS. Effect of Lower Calcium Dialysate in Laboratory Abnormalities in Chronic Kidney Disease-Associated Mineral and Bone Disorders. Am J Ther 2012 19(6): 429-431.
Dr. Ira Meisels's office location
Mount Sinai Doctors
Mount Sinai Doctors - West 60th Street
36 West 60th Street, Ground Floor
New York, NY 10023
Patient reviews for Dr. Ira Meisels
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Nephrology Consultation
- Nephrology Follow Up
- Adrenal Hypertension
- Alport Syndrome
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Autoimmune Liver Disease
- Blood in Urine / Hematuria
- Blood Pressure Testing
- Blood Vessel Inflammation / Vasculitis
- Burning Sensation in Urine
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- More Procedures
- Aetna Nephrologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Nephrologists
- Cigna Nephrologists
- UnitedHealthcare Nephrologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Nephrologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Nephrologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Nephrologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Nephrologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Nephrologists
- More Insurances