About Dr. Jaime Uribarri
Jaime Uribarri is a skilled and experienced nephrologist, internist, and primary care doctor caring for the New York, NY community. Dr. Uribarri obtained his medical degree from the Universidad Austral de Chile Facultad de Medicina. He also completed his residency in internal medicine at the Brooklyn Hospital Center and fellowship in nephrology at the State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center. Dr. Uribarri is a part of Renal Associates. He is board certified in nephrology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He speaks English and Spanish. His awareness of these different languages makes him accessible to patients from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Dr. Uribarri is devoted to ensuring the longevity of his patients’ health and developing long-lasting relationships with them. He takes his time to understand symptoms and give correct diagnoses to ensure the continued health of all his patients. He is deeply committed to the well-being of his patients. He takes a thorough and precise approach to his consultations to ensure that he is consistently giving accurate diagnoses.
- Aetna Better Health
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Nephrology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad Austral de Chile Facultad de Medicina
- The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Fellowship in Nephrology
Awards and publications
- Uribarri J, Buquing J, Oh MS. Acid-base balance in chronic peritoneal dialysis patients. Kidney Int 1995 Jan; 47(1): 269-273.
- Uribarri J. Acid production in chronic hemodialysis patients. J Am Soc Nephrol 1998 Jan; 9(1): 114-120.
- Uribarri J, Oh MS, Carroll HJ. D-lactic acidosis: a review of clinical presentation, biochemical features and pathophysiologic mechanisms. Medicine 1998 Mar; 77(2): 73-82.
- Uribarri J, Levin NW, Delmez J, Depner TA, Ornt D, Owen W, Yan G. Association of acidosis and nutritional parameters in hemodialysis patients. Am J Kidney Dis 1999 Sep; 34(3): 493-499.
- Uribarri J. Doqi guidelines for nutrition in long-term peritoneal dialysis patients: a dissenting view. Am J Kidney Dis 2001 Jun; 37(8): 1313-1318.
Dr. Jaime Uribarri's office location
Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice
5 East 98th St, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10029
Patient reviews for Dr. Jaime Uribarri
I am very pleased with Dr Uribarri care.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Nephrology Consultation
- Nephrology Follow Up
- Adrenal Hypertension
- Alport Syndrome
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Autoimmune Liver Disease
- Blood in Urine / Hematuria
- Blood Pressure Testing
- Blood Vessel Inflammation / Vasculitis
- Burning Sensation in Urine
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- More Procedures
- Aetna Nephrologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Nephrologists
- Cigna Nephrologists
- UnitedHealthcare Nephrologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Nephrologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Nephrologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Nephrologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Nephrologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Nephrologists
- More Insurances