Dr. James Colvard, DO
Family Physician, Primary Care Doctor
About Dr. James Colvard
Dr. James Colvard is a Family Physician treating patients in Pelham, Alabama, and the surrounding communities. He holds certification from the American Board of Family Medicine and is affiliated with the Brookwood Medical Center. Dr. Colvard is also a member of professional organizations including the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians, the American Academy of Family Physicians, and the American Osteopathic Association. For his undergraduate degree, Dr. Colvard attended Shorter College. He pursued his medical degree at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Colvard continued his medical education through the Montgomery Family Medicine Residency Program. Patients visiting Dr. Colvard can receive a full range of medical services. He provides treatment for specific illnesses and issues, as well as general medical consultations. In addition to his practice, Dr. Colvard has worked with missionary organizations in Uganda and Honduras.
- Family Physician
- Primary Care Doctor
- Brookwood Medical Center
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Baptist Health, Montgomery Family Practice (Residency)
- Shorter College (Bachelor’s)
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Awards and publications
- Kincer T, Rose T, Hill V, Colvard J. Evidence-based management of otitis media, Sinusitis and pharyngitis. University of Alabama School of Medicine Division of Continuing Medical Education. Release Date: November 30, 2009.
- Colvard J, Kincer T. Unmasking physical illness: medical illness in a psychiatric world. November 2010.
- Center for Cross-Cultural Studies, Seville, Spain. Immersion Spanish Language Study Abroad Program (Spring 2004).
Dr. James Colvard's office location
Brookwood Primary Care - Oak Mtn.
2705 Pelham Pkwy, Suite 100
Pelham, AL 35124
Patient reviews for Dr. James Colvard
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- More Specialties
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux / Heartburn
- Annual Check Up
- Annual Pap Smear / GYN Exam
- Annual Pediatric Checkup
- Gastroenterology Consultation
- OB-GYN Consultation
- OB-GYN Follow Up