Dr. James Purgason, MD
“Medicine is about the people, not the profits.” James G. Purgason, MD, President/Founder, retired from the United States Navy Reserves in 2004 with 21 years of combined service, and has been in practice in Ft. Worth for 10 years before moving his practice to Denton, TX. In 2008, he was named a Top Doc by Fort Worth, Texas Magazine. In 2015, Dr. Purgason was elected President of the Physician Association of North Texas. Family Medicine of North Texas’ client base is continually expanding because of Dr. Purgason’s dedication to building intimate, long-term family relationships one patient at a time. It is his commitment to provide every patient with state-of-the-art health care in a friendly, clean, and comfortable environment. When he’s not at his practice, Dr. Purgason can be found gardening, restoring cars and boats, and spending time with his family and four cats.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Family Physician
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- John Peter Smith Hospital, Residency in Family Practice
- Medical School - University of Texas, San Antonio, Doctor of Medicine
- Denton County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Denton Chamber of Commerce
- Physicians Association of North Texas
- American Academy of Family Physicians
James Purgason, MD
9557 North Beach St, Suite 121
Fort Worth, TX 76244