Dr. Jeffrey Taranto, OD
Dr. Jeffrey Taranto, O.D., native of Atlanta, Georgia, received his undergraduate degree at the University of Georgia then completed his Optometric education at the Nova Southeastern College of Optometry in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. We accept all patients who do not have any vision insurance (for routine eye-health evaluations for glasses and contact lens fittings) and we give you an itemized receipt to submit to your medical carrier for reimbursement. Most Optometrists decide to begin practicing directly after Optometry School but Dr. Taranto wanted to further his education in Ocular Pathology and Pediatric Optometry so he continued his studies post Optometry school, completing his residency in Ocular Disease and Special Testing at the SUNY College of Optometry in New York City and the Woodhull Hospital in Brooklyn, New York. During this program Dr.Taranto trained under many Ophthalmologists including a retinal specialist, corneal specialist, Cataract Surgeon, Lasik Surgeon,Pediatric Ophthalmologist, etc. Dr. Taranto believes that this extra training sets him apart from many other eye care practitioners in Los Angeles. He is not only concerned with his patient's vision but also with the health of the entire eye. His up to date technology and 10 years of experience allow him to diagnose and treat almost all infections of the eyes. Dr. Taranto is Board Certified in Optometry, a member of the American Optometric Association and licensed by the state of California. Post residency, Dr. Taranto practiced in Manhattan for six years before moving to Los Angeles to be closer to family and to pursue his lifelong dream of opening his own Optometric practice. Because of all of his experience with kids he considers himself a Pediatric Optometrist.
Education and training
- Nova Southeastern University, Doctor of Optometry
- State University of New York, Woodhull Hospital, Residency in Ocular Disease and Special Testing
- Independent Doctors of Optometry
Awards and publications
- Residency Thesis Publication 2007- Angioid Streaks and how they affect the Retina.
- Carpenter Charter School Supporter.
- Published the following Journal articles for the American Academy of Optometry- 2006- Gyrate Atrophy Versus Mellaril Toxicity Retinopathy.
- Journal Article Publication for the American Academy of Optometry-2006- Differential Diagnosis of Acquired Retinoschisis and a Cystic Macula in Recurrent Central Serous Choroidopathy from X-Linked Juvenile Retinoschisis.
- Published article for American Academy of Optometry 2006- Optical Coherence Tomography of the Posterior Pole Congenital Hypertrophy of the Retinal Pigment Epithelium (CHRPE).
Opulent Eyes Optometry- free validated parking
12214 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604