Dr. Jonathan Horowitz, MD
PLEASE NOTE: I am Out-Of -Network with all insurance plans. Many of my patients have out of network benefits. I have been working as a psychiatrist for over thirty years. My focus has been on growing my skills in psychotherapy, psychoanalysis and in medication treatment for adults and adolescents (over age 12). Many psychiatrists only prescribe medication. I can provide both the psychotherapy, and when indicated, I prescribe medication. I use my training as a physician and a psychotherapist to reduce symptoms and promote resolution of emotional pain. My skills working with adolescents began when I directed an adolescent clinic at a major teaching hospital. I directed a federal research project that identified the frequency and severity of child sexual abuse. I also provided consultation to the legal system in the evaluation of the reports of child sexual abuse. I worked for 10 years as a clinical staff member in a business consulting organization that coached executives from major corporations on career stress. My understanding of the strains in the business world were developed while I was working as the CEO of a hospital in Massachusetts. While engaged in research, teaching and management roles, I also maintained a clinical practice. Currently I provide a supportive therapeutic environment for patients to explore and resolve issues. In treating depression, anxiety, or ADD I integrate aspects of newer approaches such as relaxation training and mindfulness into traditional therapy.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Tufts University, Doctor of Medicine
- Cornell University (Bachelor's)
- Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute (Psychoanalysis)
- Tufts Medical Center, Residency in Adult Psychiatry
- Tufts Medical Center, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Jonathan M. Horowitz M.D.
840 Post Road East
Westport, CT 06880