Dr. Karin Hjalmarson, MD
Internist, Primary Care Doctor
New to Zocdoc - Experienced MD returning to Boston area after practicing out of state for the past three years. Karin Hjalmarson is a qualified and skilled internist and infectious disease specialist serving the community of Brookline, MA. Dr. Hjalmarson attended Karolinska Institutet Medicinska Fakulteten in Sweden, where she received her medical degree, and completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at MetroWest Medical Center, Framingham. Dr. Hjalmarson completed a fellowship in infectious disease at Tufts-New England Medical Center. She also holds a master’s degree in clinical research from Tufts University. Dr. Hjalmarson is a part of SMG Chestnut Hill practice and is board certified in internal medicine and infectious disease by the American Board of Internal Medicine. She is affiliated with St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Boston, MA and is a member of the American Society of Microbiology and the Infectious Diseases Society of America. She treats a range of conditions, and she is eager to help the wider community receive the care they deserve.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Primary Care Doctor
- St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- MetroWest Medical Center, Framingham, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Tufts-New England Medical Center, Fellowship in Infectious Disease
- Tufts University, Master’s in Clinical Research
- MetroWest Medical Center, Framingham, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Karolinska Institutet Medicinska Fakulteten
- American Society of Microbiology
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
Awards and publications
- Chief Resident - Internal Medicine Program, MetroWest Medical Center, Framingham, MA
- Robert E. Wise Award
- Craven DE, Hjalmarson K. Prophylaxis of ventilator- associated pneumonia: changing culture and strategies to trump disease. Chest 2008 Nov; 134 (5): 898-900.
- Craven DE, Hjalmarson KI. Ventilator-associated tracheobronchitis and pneumonia: thinking outside the box. Clin Infect Dis. 2010 Aug 1;51 Suppl 1:S59-66.
- Craven DE, Chroneou A, Zias N, Hjalmarson KI. Ventilator- associated tracheobronchitis: the impact of targeted antibiotic therapy on patient outcomes. Chest 2009 Feb; 135 (2):521-528.
SMG Chestnut Hill
822 Boylston Street, Suite 102
Brookline, MA 02467