Dr. Kavitha Gopal, MD
Dr. Kavitha Gopal obtained her medical degree from Madras Medical College in Chennai, India. She completed her residency and fellowship training at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York. Dr. Gopal is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. She has actively participated in several research projects, which have been published in leading gastroenterology journals. Her scientific works have been presented in international digestive disease meetings. She has won several awards and grants including Empire Clinical Research Investigators Program (ECRIP) Award, medical school scholarship grant, virology fellowship grant and several travel grants. In addition to general gastroenterology, she has special interest in hepatology, colon cancer screening, inflammatory bowel disease and treatment of reflux. Dr. Gopal is fluent in Tamil and Telugu and is also proficient in Hindi.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Beth Israel Medical Center (Internship)
- Beth Israel Medical Center, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Beth Israel Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Medical School - Madras Medical College, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
Gastroenterology Specialists of Dekalb
3292 Mountain Dr
Decatur, GA 30032