About Dr. Leesa Galatz
Dr. Leesa Galatz is a highly adept orthopedic surgeon, specializing in shoulder and elbow surgery. Dr. Galatz earned her medical degree from George Washington University. She went on to complete her residency in orthopedic surgery at the same institute. She advanced her training by completing a fellowship in shoulder and elbow surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. She currently practices at Mount Sinai Doctors Orthopedic Surgery in New York, NY. Dr. Galatz is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. She is an affiliate of Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and Mount Sinai Brooklyn. Her primary research interest throughout her career has been the basic science of rotator cuff disease and tendon healing as it pertains to cuff repair. She has served as a faculty member in various courses on a national and international level, lecturing on a variety of clinical topics relating to shoulder and elbow pathology. Patients visit her for the treatment of a range of issues, including tendonitis, osteoarthritis, joint dislocations, spondylosis, and a herniated disk. Dr. Galatz encourages open communication with her patients which allows her to guide them through their treatment as an active participant in their own well-being. She holds herself to the highest standard of care and is dedicated to creating a positive patient experience for every individual.
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Shoulder & Elbow Surgeon
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai St. Luke’s
- Mount Sinai West
- Mount Sinai Brooklyn
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - George Washington University, Doctor of Medicine
- George Washington University, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Pennsylvania, Fellowship in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
Awards and publications
- 2018- Super Doctors- New York
- 2014 - Kappa Delta Ann Doner Vaughn Award-“Natural History of Rotator Cuff Disease: Relationship to Surgical Indications”; Awarded annually by AAOS and ORS for research representing a large body of cohesive scientific work generally reflecting years of investigation
- 2013 - Orthopedics This Week” One of the 28 Top North American Shoulder Surgeons
Dr. Leesa Galatz's office location
Mount Sinai Doctors Orthopedic Surgery
Mount Sinai Doctors - West 59th Street
425 West 59th Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10019
Patient reviews for Dr. Leesa Galatz
Very knowledgeable and didn’t rush through the exam. Answered all of my questions. Highly recommend Dr Galatz based on my experience.
This is the second time that I saw Dr Galatz, both for different issues. I find her to be thorough with her examinations and explanations pertaining to my medical issues, always calm and caring. What I didn’t like was booking through Zocdoc. I booked an 8:45am appt and was confirmed for 11:45 three times. Each time I was asked if this was my first appointment with Dr Gelatz and each time I said NO. I doubt I would use Zocdoc again as I feel the system is confused , inadequate and has misinformation.
Return patient due to previous successful surgery with Dr Galatz. Top notch surgeon who takes her time and provides excellent service/care.
The appt I made through Zoc Doc was not put through to the doctor’s office so I had no appt.! I gave her 5 stars not to penalize her for your error.
Dr Galatz was very professional. She explained everything to me, went over my options, and took the time to answer any question and concern I had. A great appointment.
She is supremely talented, incisive, insightful, and swift.
Explained my condition in terms I could totally understand.
Through no fault of Dr. Galataz's, she got to see me a bit under 30 minutes.
She was terrific. She explained everything clearly and answered all my questions.
Dr. Galatz is warm, personable, and professional. I had my concerns addressed quickly and was given advice on how to manage my condition in order to prevent the problem from happening again. I am a physician, so I can easily say that a visit with Dr. Galatz is certainly worth your while!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Elbow Deformities
- Elbow Dislocation / Instability
- Elbow Injury
- Elbow Problems
- Elbow Surgery
- MRI - Shoulder
- Shoulder Deformities
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Injury
- Shoulder Problem
- Shoulder Surgery
- More Procedures
- Aetna Orthopedic Surgeons
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- Cigna Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Orthopedic Surgeons
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Orthopedic Surgeons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Orthopedic Surgeons
- More Insurances