About Dr. Leonid Vydro
Looking after the communities of Glendale and Phoenix, AZ, Dr. Leonid Vydro is an endocrinologist. He currently practices at Abrazo Scottsdale Endocrinology, where patients visit him for a wide spectrum of common and specialized medical needs. Dr. Vydro graduated from the Medical College of Wisconsin, where he earned his medical degree. Further, he completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of California San Francisco, Fresno Center for Medical Education and Research. He is also fellowship trained in endocrinology, metabolism, and diabetes at the University of Illinois, Chicago. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Vydro has authored numerous journal publications and has given many presentations in his field of specialty. He understands the needs of his patients and treats every person with the compassion, respect, and attention they deserve. His commitment to quality patient care is foremost on his mind as he sees and evaluates each individual.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Medical College of Wisconsin, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, San Francisco, Fresno Center for Medical Education and Research, Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Illinois, Chicago, Fellowship in Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- California State University, Fresno (Bachelor's)
Awards and publications
- Long-Term Survival of Patients with Thyroid Cancer Who Were Exposed to Radiation as Children Leonid Vydro, MD; Arthur B. Schneider, MD, PhD; and Dan V. Mihailescu, MD
- Serum Thyroglobulin and Thyrotropin Levels and the Risk of Thyroid Cancer in Radiation Exposed Subjects Leonid Vydro, MD; Joseph M. Shulan, DO; Arthur B. Schneider, MD, PhD; and Dan V. Mihailescu, MD
- Choice of Antithyroid Drugs and the Outcome of Patients with Thyroid Storm Leonid Vydro, MD; Shruti Joglekar, MD; Steven Sheh, MD, MS; Hanford Yau, MD; Soe Naing, MD, MRCP (UK), FACE
- MOURN. A Case-control Study of Risk Predictors for Opioid Overdose: Morphine and Other Opioids Associated Unresponsiveness due to Respiratory Depression Requiring Naloxone Treatment Joshua Lin, DO; Steven Stoltz, MD; Nahera Adams, MD; Raman Mattu, MD; Leonid Vydro, MD, Christopher Smith, MD; Gregory Gilmore, DO; Paul Mills, PhD; Stephanie Holcomb, PharmD; Marisa Mendez, PharmD; Jian Huang, MD
- Is an EMS System Protocol for Advanced Airway Drug Administration Still Needed? Leonid Vydro; Ronald G. Pirrallo, MD, MHSA, FACEP Wisconsin Medical Society Foundation Fellowship
Dr. Leonid Vydro's office location
Abrazo Scottsdale Endocrinology
3811 E Bell Rd, Ste 300
Phoenix, AZ 85032
Patient reviews for Dr. Leonid Vydro
A very knowledgeable Doctor. Very pleasant to talk with and explains everything as he goes. Great choice.
First time seeing an endocrinologist. Dr Vydro is a straight shooter who wasn’t rude nor super friendly and I have a follow up appointment but so far I would recommend him.
He was good at explaining the new meds to me. He took his time and answered all of my questions. I did have to wait a while before I was called back after arriving 45 minutes early to my appt. Also they were training new staff members so I could not make a appt after my visit.
Very professional. Explain everything to you clearly. Highly recommended.
Professional, pleasant nature and explained options going forward.
Best doctor ever.. professional , knowledgeable, kind and very focused in resolving your issues.
The doctor is very professional and extremely knowledgeable. I felt all my concerns were addressed in a very informative way. I highly recommend him!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Endocrinology Consultation
- Endocrinology Follow Up
- Acanthosis Nigricans
- Adrenal Crisis
- Adrenal Problems
- Adrenogenital Problems
- Diabetes Blood Sugar Management
- Diabetes Care - Eye Exam
- Diabetes Care - Kidney Disease Monitoring
- Diabetes Consultation
- Diabetes Follow Up
- Doppler Ultrasound
- More Procedures
- Aetna Endocrinologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- Cigna Endocrinologists
- UnitedHealthcare Endocrinologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Endocrinologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Endocrinologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Endocrinologists
- More Insurances