Dr. Li-Jun Mi, MD, PhD, FACP
Internist, Primary Care Doctor
About Dr. Li-Jun Mi
Dr. Mi is a world-class, board certified Internist, who has spent over twenty years practicing Internal Medicine (Primary Care). She has additional training and experience working with liver disease and hepatitis patients. Dr. Mi believes that an individualized approach is best when delivering care, and she is committed to treating every patient like a family member. Dr. Mi is warm and friendly, and spends her time trying to get to know each of her patients to truly improve their lives and well-being.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Harbin Medical University
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Bronx Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- New York University (PhD)
- American College of Physicians
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Awards and publications
- Pan, CQ., L-J. Mi, C. Bunchoratavakul, J. Karsdon, WH. William, G. Singhvi, MG. Ghany, and KR. Reddy Tenofovir isoproxil fumarate for prevention of vertical transmission of hepatitis B virus infection by highly viremic pregnant women: a case series. Dig Dis Sci. 57(9): 2423-9. Sep. 2012
- Kim, S., L-J. Mi, and L. Zhang. Specific elevation of DcR3 in sera of sepsis patients and its potential role as a clinically important biomarker of sepsis. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 73(4):312-7. Aug. 2012.
- Mi L-J, Karsdon J, Huang WM, Chiang B, Ghany MG, Del Priore G., et al. Hepatitis B virus transmission rate among children born to Chinese-American mothers with chronic hepatitis B in the New York Downtown area. The Presidential Award of Poster Presentation of Distinction. Poster Presentation, American Association of Study for Liver Disease Annual Meeting, Boston, November 2009. Abstract, Hepatology, 50 (4s): 966A, 2009.
- Mi L-J, Rincon-Bejarano LA, Babbar R, Chiu EK, Martell M, Karsdon J, Brown R, Ghany MG. Vitamin D deficiency in Asian-American patients with chronic hepatitis B in New York Downtown Hospital. Poster and Abstract, American Association of Study for Liver Disease Annual Meeting, San Francisco, November, 2011. Hepatotogy 54 (4s): 614A. 2011.
- Kasturi, R., Huey, H., Dodis, R., Mi, LJ. Effect of metformin in body weight and glycemic control in Asian-American patients with type-2 diabetes. Abstract, American Diabetes Association Annual Meeting, San Francisco, June. 2008.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Dr. Li-Jun Mi's office location
Harbin Medical Care
43-16 215th Street, 1st Floor
Bayside, NY 11361
Patient reviews for Dr. Li-Jun Mi
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- More Specialties
- Abdominal Cramps
- Abdominal Pain
- Abnormal ANA Testing
- Absence of Menstruation / Amenorrhea
- Cardiology Consultation
- Cardiology Follow Up
- Foot Consultation
- Foot Follow Up
- Nose Problems