Dr. Marc Makhani, MD
Dr. Marc D. Makhani is a native of Los Angeles. His passion for medicine began in early adolescence when he volunteered at UCLA Medical Center. Dr. Makhani pursued his bachelor's degree at UCLA with a major in psychobiology. He also volunteered at the Santa Monica UCLA Hospital as an undergraduate. He then went on to obtain his medical degree as a doctor of medicine (MD) at the University of Vermont College of Medicine. He subsequently obtained a board certification in internal medicine after completing his residency at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Dr. Makhani then continued his medical training by pursuing a specialty in gastroenterology at Temple University Hospital in Pennsylvania before moving back to Los Angeles to begin his practice. Dr. Makhani is the founder of LA Digestive Health and Wellness and centers his principles on a passion for promoting overall health and wellbeing. Digestion of nutrients is essential to proper nutrition and overall wellbeing, which led to his passion for his medical specialties in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Pancreaticobiliary conditions. Dr. Makhani’s belief is that one’s health is the result of a combination of an active lifestyle, proper dietary habits and maintenance of digestive health. Dr. Makhani has published research in several leading medical journals. His interests that include acid reflux in respect to a condition called Barrett’s esophagus, colon cancer screening and prevention, as well as motility disorders including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Dr. Makhani has expertise and clinical training in a wide range of digestive health conditions as referenced in his website www.ladigestivehealth.com. We look forward to serving any and all of your digestive health needs.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Residency)
- Medical School - University of Vermont, Doctor of Medicine
- Temple University Hospital, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association Alliance
Awards and publications
- Kunkel D, Basseri B, Makhani M, Chong K, Chang C, Pimentel M. Methane on Breath Testing is Associated with Constipation: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. DDW 2010 poster presentation. Digestive Diseases and Sciences 2011 Jun;56(6):1612-8. Epub 2011 Feb 1. Review.
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Makhani M, Yang J, Mirocha J, Low K, Pimentel M. Factor Analysis Demonstrates a Symptom Cluster Related to Methane and Non-Methane Production in Irritable Bowel Syndrome Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology 2011 Jan;45(1):40-4.
LA Digestive Health and Wellness
8631 W. Third St, Suite 445 E
Los Angeles, CA 90048