Dr. Matthew Gordon, MD
Matthew Gordon is a caring and mindful orthopedic surgeon serving the community of Newburgh, NY. Dr. Gordon attended the State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, where he received his medical degree, and completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center. He also completed a fellowship in sports medicine at Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopedics Center. Dr. Gordon also completed his master’s at the University of Maine. Other than this, Dr. Gordon has also completed his bachelor’s at SUNY Geneseo. Dr. Gordon is a part of Crystal Run Healthcare. Outside of his practice, Dr. Gordon enjoys scuba diving, backpacking, and camping. During his consultations, Dr. Gordon fully explains patients’ conditions and helps them choose an appropriate treatment plan.
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Doctor of Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Cincinnati Sports Medicine & Orthopedics Center, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- University of Maine, Master's in Marine Biology
- State University of New York, Geneseo (Bachelor’s)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Hasan, S.S, M.P. Gordon, J.A. Ramsey, M.S. Levy. September 2014. Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty Using an Implant with a Lateral Center of Rotation: Outcomes, Complications, and the Influence of Experience. American Journal of Orthopedics: el 94-el 99.
Crystal Run Healthcare
1200 Route 300
Newburgh, NY 12550