About Dr. Michael Luther
Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, Dr. Michael Luther is a qualified professional. He completed his training in medicine at the University of Alabama. Post this, he completed a residency in family practice at the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. He is also an active member of the American Academy of Family Physicians. Dr. Luther is available for consultations at Grandview Medical (Affinity Physician Services). He serves the community of Birmingham, AL, and encourages open communication with his patients which allows him to guide them through their treatment as active participants in their own well-being. A concerned primary care physician, Dr. Luther strives to treat each patient to the best of his ability while ensuring that both patients and their loved ones comprehend the different possible methods of treatment. He gives them his undivided attention and practices with the goal of helping each of them lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Choice Care Network
- Family Physician
- Primary Care Doctor
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Alabama, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Alabama (Bachelor's)
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Residency in Family Practice
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Awards and publications
- 2007 James H Akers Memorial Award for the Tuscaloosa Senior who best personifies the art and science of medicine as chosen by the graduating class
- 2010 William F deShazo Award, in recognition for exemplifying qualiyies and traits of a model family medicine physician.
- 2010 Department of Pediatrics- College of community Health Sciences Award
- 2010 Internal Medicine Residenct Award for Outstanding Performance in Internal Medicine
Dr. Michael Luther's office location
Grandview Medical (Affinity Physician Services)
Grandview Medical Group Homewood
1817 Oxmoor Rd
Birmingham, AL 35209
Patient reviews for Dr. Michael Luther
It was my first visit to a doctor in a long time. He was easy to talk to and I left at ease with all we discussed. Thank you.
Everyone at this office was so friendly and efficient! Really appreciated the balance of feeling cared for *and* having my time respected. Dr. Luther was personable and made me feel confident that he knows what he's doing and has my health as his first priority. Wasn't intimidating at all and it didn't seem like he was rushing around, which was great! Highly recommend!
It was great!! Dr Luther and his staff were amazing. They answered all of my questions and made me very comfortable.
Enjoyed the experience. Dr. Luther was great explained questions I had and gave information needed.
Great. Informed, explained everything well.
He was very nice & polite.
Pleasant experience as always.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Gastroenterology Consultation
- OB-GYN Consultation
- OB-GYN Follow Up
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux / Heartburn
- Annual Check Up
- Annual Pap Smear / GYN Exam
- Annual Pediatric Checkup
- Annual Physical
- Arm Problem(s)
- Back Problems
- Bedwetting / Enuresis
- More Procedures