Dr. Nazaneen N. Grant, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
**Please note Dr. Grant only sees patients for Voice/Hoarseness/Swallowing related visit reasons** Nazaneen Nicola Grant is a diligent and friendly ear, nose & throat doctor based in Washington, DC. Dr. Grant is a board certified, fellowship trained laryngeal (voice box) specialist. Her expertise includes evaluation of hoarseness and voice disorders, vocal fold paralysis and paresis, subglottic stenosis, swallowing disorders, and growths in the voice box including polyps, cysts, phonotraumatic lesions, papillomas, and early cancers. She has special training in the use of botox for spasmodic dysphonia, laser surgery in the voice box, awake procedures including vocal fold paralysis rehabilitation, and management of professional voice. Her research interests include laryngeal papillomatosis, Parkinson’s-related voice and swallowing issues, and laser effects on the larynx. She teaches residents and medical students at Georgetown, creates hands-on laryngeal workshops and surgical simulation, and received the Resident Teaching Award in 2013. Dr. Grant is fluent in Spanish.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Education and training
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (Internship)
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (Residency)
- Medical School - State University of New York, Buffalo, Doctor of Medicine
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center (Fellowship)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- American Broncho-Esophagological Association
- American Laryngological Association
Awards and publications
- Book chapter co-author: Neurologic Disorders of the Larynx. (book chapter) In Cummings et al (Ed.), Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 5th edition (pp837-843)
- Teaches residents and medical students at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- Book chapter co-author: Neurologic Evaluation of the Larynx and Pharynx. In Cummings et al (Ed.), Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 5th edition (pp832-836).
MedStar Washington Hosp Ctr-Dept of Otolaryngology
MedStar Washington Hospital Center
110 Irving Street NW, Room GA 4
Washington, DC 20010