Dr. Nitisha Hiranandani, MD, PhD
Dr. Nitisha Hiranandani is a dedicated and diligent internist serving the community of Waterford, MI. Dr. Hiranandani obtained her medical degree from Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal. She also completed her residency in family medicine at St. Mary Mercy Hospital and PhD in physiology and cell biology at Ohio State University. Dr. Hiranandani is a part of McLaren Oakland Waterford Primary Care and is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine. Dr. Hiranandani is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians. Dr. Hiranandani was awarded the certificate of merit and scholarship during first year of medical graduation, and awarded first runners up award in the "11th IAP Pediatric Quiz" in 1998. Dr. Hiranandani is also bilingual in English and Hindi. Dr. Hiranandani treats a range of conditions, and she is eager to help the wider community receive the care they deserve. Patients trust her expertise because she consistently provides high quality care that leads to positive and lasting health outcomes.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Family Physician
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Ohio State University, PhD in Physiology and Cell Biology
- St. Mary Mercy Hospital, Residency in Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Awards and publications
- Awarded "Certificate of Merit" and Scholarship during 1st year of medical graduation (MBBS).
- Hiranandani N, Raman S, Kalyanasundaram A, Periasainy M, Janssen PM.. Frequency-dependent contractile strength in mice over- and underexpressing the sarco(endo)plasmic ieticulum calcium— ATPase.. Am J Physiol Regul lntegr Comp Physiol.. 2007 Jul; 253(1): R30-6. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 17255213
- Hiranandani N, Bupha-Intr T, Janssen PM.. SERCA overexpression reduces hydroxyl radical injury in murine myocardium.. Am I Physiol Heart Circ Physiol.. 2006 Dec, 291(6): H3130-S. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 16798816
- Predoctoral AHA (American Heart Association) grant: ]uIy 1" 2007-June 30t* 2009
- Awarded 1st runners up award in the "11th IAP Pediatric Quiz 1998
McLaren Oakland-Waterford Primary Care
4000 Highland Rd, Suite 114
Waterford, MI 48328