About Dr. Peter Goulden
Dr. Peter Goulden, M.D., F.R.C.P., is Medical Director of the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism Mount Sinai St Luke’s. He is Board Certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London. His medical interests include type 1 and type 2 diabetes, obesity and endocrinology disorders. He is particularly interested in harnessing the power of technology in improving patient care and exploring the application of novel care models for large population groups. Dr. Goulden received his medical degree from Edinburgh University in the United Kingdom in 1995 and completed an internship at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. He completed his residency in Birmingham, where he sub-specialized in endocrinology, diabetes and internal medicine, and he completed his fellowship in London in 2006. He worked as an NHS Consultant in Kent, U.K. from 2006-2012 where he served as Royal College Tutor and also Diabetes Network Clinical Chair being given four excellence awards for his work in endocrinology & education. From 2012 to 2019 he served as medical director of the endocrinology clinical service and weight loss program at the University of Arkansas for Medical Science. He was awarded over $2 million dollars in grant finding to improve diabetes care in N.W. Arkansas. Dr. Goulden is committed to pursuing the highest possible standards of clinical care, education and governance in the services he provides at Mount Sinai.
- AgeWell New York
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai St. Luke’s
- Mount Sinai West
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Edinburgh Medical School, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, University of Edinburgh
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Internship in General Surgery
- Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Selly Oak Hospital, Residency in Emergency Medicine
- Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Residency in Internal Medicine
- London Deanery, Fellowship in Endocrinology
- Royal College of Physicians of London
Awards and publications
- Dr. Goulden worked as an NHS Consultant in Kent, U.K. from 2006-2012 where he served as Royal College Tutor and also Diabetes Network Clinical Chair being given four excellence awards for his work in endocrinology & education.
- Dr. Goulden served as medical director of the endocrinology clinical service and weight loss program at the University of Arkansas for Medical Science.
- Dr. Goulden was awarded over $2 million dollars in grant finding to improve diabetes care in N.W. Arkansas.
Dr. Peter Goulden's office location
Mount Sinai Doctors
1111 Amsterdam Ave, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10025
Patient reviews for Dr. Peter Goulden
Listened to all I had to say and answered all of my questions and was very clear on my options.
I was very please with my first visit, Dr Goulden was very professional and answered all my concerns with great detail and understanding. I like that I didn’t feel rushed and got everything that I was concerned about covered. As a patient with hypothyroidism it can be challenging finding a good caring doctor. I’m glad I chose Dr.Goulden.
He was a great doctor. He listened to all my concerns and was very thorough in analysis. I would recommend him to anybody.
Extremely informed, attentive Doctor.Great listener, take his time with you I'm totally satisfied with my visit. except for the medical assistant she need help.
Dr. Peter Goulden is the best. He took time to explain everything to me and answered all my questions. Would recommend him for everyone
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Endocrinology Consultation
- Endocrinology Follow Up
- Acanthosis Nigricans
- Adrenal Crisis
- Adrenal Problems
- Adrenogenital Problems
- Diabetes Blood Sugar Management
- Diabetes Care - Eye Exam
- Diabetes Care - Kidney Disease Monitoring
- Diabetes Consultation
- Diabetes Follow Up
- Doppler Ultrasound
- More Procedures
- Aetna Endocrinologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- Cigna Endocrinologists
- UnitedHealthcare Endocrinologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Endocrinologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Endocrinologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Endocrinologists
- More Insurances