Dr. Robert Agee Jr., MD
Sports Medicine Specialist
Dr. Robert Agee Jr. practices at BBH SCN Sports Medicine. He completed his residency in family practice at the University of California, San Francisco, and further went on to complete his fellowship in primary care sports medicine at American Sports Medicine Institute. Prior to this, he attended Meharry Medical College, where he received his medical degree. He is a mindful sports medicine specialist proudly serving the community of Birmingham, AL. Dr. Agee Jr. obtained his bachelor’s from Morehouse College. He is an active member of the American College of Sports Medicine, the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine, the National Medical Association, the American Academy of Family Physicians, and the American Medical Association. He is board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine as well. Dr. Agee Jr. majorly focuses on preventive health care and treats patients in a structured manner, focusing not just on the ailment but also on the general well being of the patient. He believes in delivering quality care that focuses on patient comfort and seamless recovery.
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- American Board of Family Medicine
Education and training
- American Sports Medicine Institute, Fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Medical School - Meharry Medical College, Doctor of Medicine
- Morehouse College (Bachelor's)
- University of California, San Francisco, Residency in Family Practice
- National Medical Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
Awards and publications
- the Physician and sports Medicine Journal (2002) Article: Can you cut the mustard?
- Birmingham medical news article for Tenex 2013
- Frequent request for media experience including XM radio, Sports Illustrated for kids, & ESPN radio and now FOX 6 and Jox radio.
BBH-SCN-Precision Sports Medicine & Orthopedics
801 Princeton Ave SW, POB I, Suite 710
Birmingham, AL 35211