Dr. Scott Lippe, MD
I am a Board Certified Gastroenterologist and Internist who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive tract and liver. I also treat all aspects of nutrition, including weight loss management. My goal is to provide individual attention to each patient and their concerns. I perform colonoscopies, endoscopies, capsule endoscopies, hemorrhoidal banding, and liver biopsies as part of my practice. I am the Chief of Gastroenterology at Bergen Regional Medical Center, New Jersey's largest hospital. I am also a Clincal Assistant Professor at three different area medical schools. My office is located inside Bergen Regional Medical Center, which is a very large hospital located off of Oradell and Farview Avenues in Paramus. “Sorbello Road, Paramus” is the address that will work in GPS systems. There is valet parking for $3 in the front of the hospital. You only have to go through the main entrance to the first set of elevators on the right to the second floor “physician private suites” on the right. There are some forms to complete on arrival unless you want to prepare them on zocdoc. Please bring a copy of your insurance, card, any referrals that may be needed, and a driver’s license. Office co-payments, if required, are accepted in cash or check only. I look forward to meeting you!
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Bergen Regional Medical Center
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Select Specialty Hospital - Northeast New Jersey
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Albany Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University (Bachelor’s)
- Medical School - Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Doctor of Medicine
- Winthrop-University Hospital, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
Awards and publications
- “Acute Diarrhea: A Clinical Review” Lippe SD, Tripodi J; Resident & Staff Physician; 1997: Jun 44(6); 55-66
- “Rotavirus alters energy metabolism and paracellular permeability in CaCO2 Cells,” K. Dickman, J. Anderson, S. Hempson, S.D. Lippe, L. Zhao, R. Burakoff, R. Shaw, American Journal of Physiology (Gastrointestinal and Liver Edition) 279: G757-G766, 2000
- “America’s Top Physicians” Award Consumer Research Council of America, 2007, 2008
Scott David Lippe, MD
230 E Ridgewood Ave.
Paramus, NJ 07652
Scott David Lippe, MD
680 Kinderkamack Rd., Suite 103
Oradell, NJ 07649