Dr. Sol Guerrero, MD
*IMPORTANT* If you are a NEW patient or haven't seen us in 3 years (or longer), please select that you haven't seen the doctor before when booking. This will ensure you get enough time with the doctor! Dr. Sol Guerrero is a skilled and detail-oriented endocrinologist serving the community of Boca Raton, FL. Dr. Guerrero earned her medical degree from St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop College of Medicine in Senagal. She completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at Georgia Regents University, where she was awarded ‘Resident of the Year’. She then finished her fellowship in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism at the same institution. She also holds an associate’s degree from Miami Dade College. Dr. Guerrero is board certified in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism by the American Board of Internal Medicine. She is affiliated with West Boca Medical Center. She is a professional member of the American College of Physicians, the Southern Medical Association, and the Iowa Medical Society. Presently, she is a part of the Iowa Clinic. Because Dr. Guerrero is bilingual in English and Spanish, patients from a variety of backgrounds enjoy having her as their physician. She gives each patient her focused attention, and she prides herself on delivering the best treatment available.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- West Boca Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop College of Medicine
- Augusta University, Fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Augusta University, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Augusta University, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Miami Dade College (Associate’s)
- American College of Physicians
- Southern Medical Association
- Iowa Medical Society
Awards and publications
- “Resident of the Year”, Internal Medicine Residency Training Program, Medical College of Georgia, 2008-2009.
- Salome Urena de Henriquez for Academic Excellence, Universidad Iberoamericana, Dominican Republic.
- President, Medical College of Georgia Housestaff Organization, 2009-2011.
- Guerrero, S., Pederscn-White, J. 2011. “Calcium Absorption Associated with Proton Pump Inhibitor Use contributing to Refractory Hypoglycemia Post Parathyroidectomy.” Poster Presentation. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 20th Annual Meeting and Clinical Congress, San Diego, CA.
- Guerrero S., Pedersen- White, J. 2010. “Sertaline-induced Hypoglycemia. ‘Poster Presentation. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists 19th Annual Meeting and Clinical Conference, Boston, MA.
Tenet Florida Physician Services
9960 Central Park Blvd N, Suite 150
Boca Raton, FL 33428