About Dr. Steven Birnbach
Dr. Steven Birnbach has been practicing Obstetrics and Gynecology in Boca Raton since 1986. While involved in all segments of women's health care, he has interest and training in minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Birnbach was born and raised in New York City. As an undergraduate, he attended New York University and conducted research with a nobel laureate in biochemistry at Oxford University. After graduating from State University of New York Downstate Medical School in Brooklyn New York, he completed his training in obstetrics and gynecology at North Shore University Hospital, a teaching affiliate of Cornell Medical School. He received training in gynecologic pathology at Columbia University, Sloan Hospital for Women, and gynecologic oncology as a Galloway Fellow at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Among his other accomplishments, he was the first Chairman of Obstetrics and Gynecology at West Boca Medical Center, and later became Chief of Staff at West Boca Medical Center. He is also one of the few gynecologists to offer CoolSculpting procedures to his patients. Dr. Birnbach is happily married and has three children, none of whom have the slightest interest in medicine. His interests also include photography and computer programming.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- West Boca Medical Center
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- Medical School - State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Doctor of Medicine
- North Shore University Hospital, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- North Shore University Hospital, Internship in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Sloane Hospital for Women (Gynecologic Pathology)
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology
- New York University (Bachelor’s)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Awards and publications
- Chairman of Obstetrics and Gynecology at West Boca Medical Center
- Chief of Staff at West Boca Medical Center
- Research in Biochemistry (Nobel Laureate) Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford Medical School, Oxford, England
Dr. Steven Birnbach's office location
Steven J. Birnbach M.D. LLC
9960 N Central Park Blvd, Suite 300
Boca Raton, FL 33428
Patient reviews for Dr. Steven Birnbach
Dr. Birnbach was so informative and such a great listener. He also made me feel comfortable. He’s amazing and I actually look forward to my visits with him.
Took his time and addressed all my issues without a rush
Dr. Birnbach is an excellent doctor. He answers all your questions and takes time to discuss all aspects of your health. Carole M.
The doctor has excellent bedside manner. He was informative, patient and took time with me. My gown was cotton fabric, not paper! The staff were kind and cordial. I was in and out.
He listens and he is very thorough.
Excellent MD and great staff.
The team was very friendly.
I was extremely impressed with Dr. Birnbach's knowledge and experience. The office is very well run and I would highly recommend this practice!
Wonderful Doctor & staff
He is really nice and cares about you
Excellent Doctor. Very satisfied with treatment
Dr. Birnbach is very courteous and professional. He answered all my questions thoroughly and made me feel very comfortable. He was also very gentle with his exam.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- OB-GYN Consultation
- OB-GYN Follow Up
- Abnormal Obstetrical Screening
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Abortion Consultation
- Absence of Menstruation / Amenorrhea
- Adnexal Mass
- Advanced Maternal Age
- Anal Warts / Condyloma
- Annual Pap Smear / GYN Exam
- Antepartum Care
- More Procedures
- Aetna Ob-gyns
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Ob-gyns
- Cigna Ob-gyns
- UnitedHealthcare Ob-gyns
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Ob-gyns
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Ob-gyns
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Ob-gyns
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Ob-gyns
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Ob-gyns
- More Insurances