Dr. Sulochana Bhandarkar, MD
Sulochana Bhandarkar, M.D. is originally from India. She is a board-certified dermatologist who earned her medical degree and completed her first dermatology residency from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore in India. Her Post-Doctoral Dermatology Research Fellowship and her second residency training in Dermatology were received from Emory University School of medicine in Atlanta, Georgia. While at Emory University for her residency in Dermatology, she received the American Academy of Dermatology International Society Meeting Grant as well as an Academic research grant from the Women’s Dermatologic Society. She was also the recipient of the American Skin Association Research Grant in 2013. Dr. Bhandarkar has authored and published several peer-reviewed journal articles and has lectured on numerous dermatologic conditions including several board review courses for Internists. She is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery. She has volunteered her time to various medical camps in India where she has provided free consultation and medications to underserved patients. She has also volunteered for numerous skin cancer screenings and health fairs throughout Georgia. Dr. Bhandarkar is an avid traveler, experienced swimmer and runner, and she enjoys Indian classical instrumental music.
- Accountable Health Plan of Ohio
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- Medical School - Kasturba Medical College Mangalore, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Emory University, Residency in Dermatology
- Kasturba Medical College Mangalore, Residency in Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
Awards and publications
- Dr. Bhandarkar has done her post-doctoral dermatology research fellowship from Emory University.
1610 East Whitestone Boulevard
Cedar Park, TX 78613
300 Farm to Market 2410, Suite 109
Harker Heights, TX 76548