Dr. Sushil Rattan, MD
Dr. Rattan obtained his initial training in Gastroenterology in United Kingdom where he was granted membership of the Royal College of Physicians in 1998. In USA, he did fellowship in Hepatology from Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia; and in Gastroenterology from Georgetown University Hospital in Washington D.C. Dr Rattan is certified by American Board in both, Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr Rattan is especially interested in early detection of Colorectal Cancer; and determination of spread of abdominal tumors by endoscopic ultrasound. He is well read and regularly attends major conferences to keep himself up-to-date with latest developments and advances in gastroenterology to provide state of the art treatment and excellent patient care. Dr. Rattan has published extensively in major American journals. He has written papers on “Liver Transplantation” and “Drug Induced Liver Injury”, in addition to several abstracts on varied subjects including treatment of Crohn’s disease, endoscopic ultrasound in the diagnosis of gastric and pancreatic tumors. Dr Rattan is pleasant, compassionate, and competent. He strongly believes in making his patients comfortable and at ease. He likes to educate his patients about the need for preventive healthcare. He was recently invited by American Cancer Society to address public to improve colorectal cancer awareness during The National Capital African American Men's Health Conference, held at the University of Maryland.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Doctors Community Hospital
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Georgetown University Hospital, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Lankenau Hospital (Internal Medicine)
- Medical School - Maulana Azad Medical College, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Fellowship in Transplant Hepatology
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
GI Med Health
7305 Hanover Parkway, Suite A
Greenbelt, MD 20770