About Dr. Thomas Alost
Dr. Thomas Alost is a skilled and competent Orthopaedic Surgeon caring for the El Paso, TX community. He attended Louisiana State University, New Orleans, where he earned his degree in doctor of medicine. He then completed both his internship and residency in orthopaedic surgery at Louisiana State University, New Orleans. Dr. Thomas Alost is a part of Orthopaedic Surgeons Associates - A Providence Medical Partners Practice and is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American College of Sports Medicine, and the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. Dr. Thomas Alost is deeply committed to the well being of his patients. He takes a thorough and precise approach to his consultations to ensure that he is consistently giving accurate diagnoses.
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Providence Memorial Hospital
- Sierra Medical Center
- The Hospitals of Providence - Sierra Campus
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - Louisiana State University, New Orleans, Doctor of Medicine
- Louisiana State University, New Orleans, Charity Hospital, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Louisiana State University, New Orleans, Charity Hospital, Internship in Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Awards and publications
- Certificate of Appreciation. El Paso Community College, June 11, 1996
- Excellence Award for Medical Quality for 1996, Columbia Medical Center-West Medical Staff
Dr. Thomas Alost's office location
Orthopedic Surgeons Associates
4646 North Mesa St
El Paso, TX 79912
Patient reviews for Dr. Thomas Alost
Dr. Alost was very professional, great bedside manners. Explained everything to me. He was not in a rush to get on to his next patient. He made sure i knew everything that was going on with my injury. I highly recommend him.
I was pleased with my appointment & was prepared to wait after reading the reviews . DR . Alost was kind & reassuring with my course of treatment . Highly recommend him!
Dr. Alost was so helpful in explaining to me what he saw on my MRI and the alternatives we could explore before surgery. He was very pleasant and explained everything clearly.
Dr. Alost is friendly, knowledgeable, and makes you feel welcoming and at ease. Very happy with Dr. Alost and my experience during my appointment.
I was very pleased. He was very honest and told me that, No surgery... with that 2 thumb up!!! And he stopped the pain with the cortisone injection. Thank God!!!??
Dr. Alost and his staff are just Amazing. I wish I could go there for All my medical needs.
He was kind but efficient, answered any and all questions I asked. He was made my appointment stress free and talked me through the cortisone shot.
Dr. Alost was recommended by Providence Memorial Hospital, we are glad they did. Thanks !!!
Excellent doctor!!! His staff top notch
Too long, I don't understand why it takes forever seeing this Doctor.
Very nice,DR Alost is truly a professional! if I could rate him at 100 stars I would but it only allows me 10 also best dressed DR. in El Paso!
Dr. Alost was quick, understanding, and very professional. The same is true for the staff. I will continue to go see him for any ortho or sports medicine issues.
Dr. Alost was very thorough and professional.
Excellent and very knowledgeable physician
It was fine....Offices kept too cold
Explained what he saw on the X-rays. Offered alternatives.
My visits are always great . It’s just the wait time. I drive 2.45 hours and have to wait 2 hours.
Dr Alost is the best. He listens attentively and speaks both English and Spanish. He did a complete exam and Xrays on my mother. I strongly recommend him to anyone needing an Orthopedic surgeon.
I saw Dr. Alost to get a second opinion regarding me injury and I'm so glad I did. He was straight and to the point and saved me many headaches!
Dr. Alost is very knowledgeable but needs better communication skills with his staff. He needs to not snap at them in front of patients. He also needs to spend a few more minutes with the patients instead of just rushing you out.
Waited 1.25 hrs. before being seen. 1.5 hrs. before seeing Dr.
Very understanding Doctor, great awareness of my medical condition.
No complaint from Dr. Alost, it's just that I have to wait for more than an hour, that should not be had to happen. It's way to much time every time I see this Doctor.
I was 10 minutes late due to traffic congestion-it's a very busy practice. Everyone was courteous. He was straight to the point and honest. He couldn't do anything about my situation but it never hurts to ask and I would recommend him.
I went to Dr. Alost for a second opinion re: my last knee replacement. I have not been able to bend it even with physical therapy. He was very kind in his explanation and assured me that my actual knee replacement was fine, but I needed a manipulation to bend my knee to get me back to full use. I am excited because my surgery will be in 10 days -- no long wait! Thank you!!!
It went very well
Dr Alost is great it's just the waiting that is hard to understand. You have a 12:45 appointment but aren't seen until after 2pm. Just very frustrating when you work and lose so much time.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Orthopedic Consultation
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Bone Density Measurement / DXA Scan
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Ankle Problems
- Anterior Cruciate Insufficiency
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Back Problems
- Brittle Bones / Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Broken Ribs
- More Procedures
- Aetna Orthopedic Surgeons
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- Cigna Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Orthopedic Surgeons
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Orthopedic Surgeons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Orthopedic Surgeons
- More Insurances