Dr. Todd A. Berger, MD, FACS
Retina & Vitreous Surgeon, Ophthalmologist, Retina Specialist (Medical)
Born and raised in New York City, Dr Berger has St. Petersburg his home for the last 18 years. He matriculated from New York University, graduating magna cum laude in the studies of biochemistry/biology. This was followed by medical school and residency in ophthalmology at the State University of New York, Brooklyn, NY, well-known for its exposure and expertise in handling the ocular trauma of New York City. Dr. Berger returned to NYU for an additional year to study medical retinology under the preceptorship of Drs Ronald Carr and Kenneth Noble, world leaders in electrophysiologic evaluation of retinal disorders. Vitreoretinal surgical training was achieved at the Vitreoretinal Foundation, Memphis, Tennessee. Dr Berger enjoys staying at the forefront of retina-related treatment and diagnostics. As such, he has been an investigator in several multicenter studies, including use of silicon oil in vitrectomy and sustained steroid drug implant for the treatment of diabetic macular edema. Dr Berger maintains staff privileges at Northside Hospital, St Anthony's Hospital, Bayfront Medical Center, and St Joseph's Hospital. He is available to see patients at offices in St. Petersburg and Bradenton.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Retina Specialist (Medical)
- Retina & Vitreous Surgeon
- Northside Hospital & Tampa Bay Heart Institute
- Saint Anthony's Hospital
- Saint Joseph's Hospital
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Education and training
- Vitreoretinal Foundation (Vitreoretinal surgery)
- New York University (Bachelor's)
- Medical School - State University of New York, Brooklyn
- New York University (Medical Retinology)
- State University of New York, Brooklyn, Residency in Ophthalmology
- American College of Surgeons
Orlick, Berger, Kasper, M.D., P.A.
5800 49th Street North, Suite S-109
Saint Petersburg, FL 33709