Dr. Travis Lee Lewis, MD
Head & Neck Surgeon, Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
Dr. Lewis was born and raised in London, KY. He attended the University of Kentucky in Lexington on a full-tuition academic scholarship where he graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Biology in May 2007. The following fall he entered the University of Kentucky College of Medicine. He was elected as a member of the prestigious medical honor society, Alpha Omega Alpha and served as a student member of the college’s admission committee. He graduated from medical school, top 5 of his class with Highest Honors on May 2011. Following medical school he completed an internship in General Surgery and a residency in Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery at the University of Texas – (Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX – one of the largest medical centers in the country). During his time at UTSW, Dr. Lewis trained at two of the largest county hospitals in the country (Parkland in Dallas and John Peter Smith in Fort Worth), the second largest VA hospital in America (the only academic tertiary referral hospital in a metropolitan area of 6 million (UTSW) and Children’s Medical Center – Dallas – a 600 bed pediatric-only trauma and tertiary referral center). As such, he obtained extensive training in a variety of ENT conditions including head/neck cancer, hearing loss and ear pathology, sinus disease, pediatric infections, neck masses, sleep medicine, facial trauma and voice conditions. During residency he published research examining weight changes in children following tonsillectomy for which he won the junior resident research award in his department. This research was also presented at the national Academy of Otolaryngology meeting where it was selected as one of the Top 10 abstracts submitted amongst hundreds for presentation in 2014. Dr. Lewis enjoys treating pa
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Head & Neck Surgeon
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Kentucky, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Residency in Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
Awards and publications
- Lip reconstruction following oncologic resection. Grand rounds presentation. University of Texas – Southwestern Medical Center Department of Otolaryngology. March 2015. Dallas, TX.
- Complications of otitis media. Grand rounds presentation. University of Texas – Southwestern Medical Center Department of Otolaryngology. May 2014. Dallas, TX.
- Weight gain after T&A – a case control study. Podium presentation at the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery annual meeting (selected as a top 10 abstract). September 2014. Orlando, FL.
- Comer B, Lewis TL, Gal TJ. Delayed pneumocephalus occurring years after pituitary surgery. Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery. (2011). Jan;144(1):129-30
- Lewis TL, Johnson RF, Choi J, Mitchell RB. Weight gain after T&A – a case control study. Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery. (2014). April; 152(4): 734-9.
South Florida ENT Associates
2500 Weston Road, Suite 103
Weston, FL 33331
South Florida ENT Associates
601 N. Flamingo Rd, Suite 210
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028