About Dr. Van Pham
Van Q. Pham, DO became a primary care physician for the patient relationships and the intellectual challenges. He finds great satisfaction in helping patients overcome disease as well as building life-long friendships. "I chose primary care because I like being in the clinic where I have direct interaction with my patients, being able to talk and listen to their concerns. I like having strong, long-lasting bonds with my patients." Dr. Pham's care philosophy focuses on educating patients on their overall heatl, diseas-processes, and associated evidence-based treatments. He truly believes that he can help reduce the number of unnecessary tests and treatments by improving a patient's overall well-being and lifestyle. When he was 14 years old, Dr. Pham immigrated to the United States with his family. He speaks Vietnamese fluently and loves to explore different parts of the world by traveling with his wife. When he is not working or traveling, Dr. Pham enjoys online gaming, tinkering with home electronics, snowboarding and is a beginner golfer.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Primary Care Doctor
Education and training
- Medical School - Midwestern University, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Hofstra University, Lenox Hill Hospital, Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of California, Irvine (Bachelor's)
- Rancho Santiago Community College District (Associate's)
- American College of Physicians
Awards and publications
- Pham V, Rainer B. The binding specificity of transcription factor p63. University of California, Irvine Undergraduate Research Journal, 2007.
- Cum Laude Latin Honor, University of California, Irvine, 06/2007
- Dean’s list, University Of California, Irvine, 2002-2006
- Glen Harper’s Memorial Scholarship, Rancho Santiago Community College. Awarded for excellency in both scholastic record and teaching in biological science, 01/2006
Dr. Van Pham's office location
MemorialCare Medical Group Long Beach - Schaufele
MemorialCare Medical Group
3828 Schaufele Ave, Ste 200
Long Beach, CA 90808
Patient reviews for Dr. Van Pham
It was a pleasure to once again see Dr. Pham. Both times I’ve been he has been friendly and always willing to answer any questions I have.
Great experience. Quick, easy, and organized. Glad to have Dr. Van Pham as my primary care doctor.
The front office staff could care less about the patients. Waited 60 mins to be seen by a doctor who chalked everything up to the weather. Didn't check for infection or run any tests. This office seemed to deal with work related injuries and we're completely bothered by my illness.
It was a quick visit, but Dr. Pham was very professional and kind. He listened very well, and was enthusiastic about helping.
Dr. Pham is very friendly and professional. He answered every question I had and provided me with good information.
Great doctor listens carefully to your concerns.
Great clean office, friendly and informative doctor and staff
So much better than in Poland!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Cardiology Consultation
- Cardiology Follow Up
- Foot Consultation
- Foot Follow Up
- Nose Problems
- Abdominal Cramps
- Abdominal Pain
- Abnormal ANA Testing
- Absence of Menstruation / Amenorrhea
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Acid Reflux / Heartburn
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Alcoholic Liver Disease
- Allergic Eye Problems
- More Procedures