Dr. Werner Andrade, MD
Bariatric Surgeon, Surgeon
Coral Gables, FL
About Dr. Werner Andrade
Werner Andrade is a trusted and reputable bariatric surgeon serving the community of Miami, FL. Dr. Andrade earned his medical degree from the Universidad Francisco Marroquín Facultad de Medicina in Guatemala. He then moved to the United States, where he completed his residency in general surgery at Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He then went on to complete his fellowship in bariatric surgery at the University of South Florida. Dr. Andrade is a part of Tenet Florida Physician Services. He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and is also a member of American Medical Association. Dr. Andrade welcomes patients who speak Spanish. His awareness of these different languages makes him accessible to patients from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Dr. Andrade is dedicated to helping patients receive the treatment they need so they can enjoy a positive and fulfilling lifestyle. He is sensitive to the uniqueness of each patient's situation and adapts his consultations and treatment options appropriately to accommodate individual needs and concerns.
- Bariatric Surgeon
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad Francisco Marroquín Facultad de Medicina
- Berkshire Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Residency in General Surgery
- University of South Florida, Fellowship in Bariatric Surgery
- American Medical Association
Awards and publications
- Andrade W, Bowen B, Murr M. Bariatric Surgery to Enhance Candidacy for Renal Transplantation in Obese (End-Stage Renal Disease) Patients – A Single Center Experience. Submitted to SOARD (Surgery for obesity and related diseases) 01/2010, pending approval.
- Andrade W, Clair D, Lyden S. Aortobifemoral Bypass Graft Complicated by Colon Perforation and Septic Emboli. Report Session. Presented at the Midwestern Vascular Surgery Society Meeting, Chicago, Sep. 6-8, 2007.
- Aucejo F, Andrade W, Kelly D, et al. Expanding the Donor Pool: Safe Transplantation of a Cadaveric Liver Allograft with a 10 cm Cavernous Hemangioma. A case report. Liver transplantation – 04/2006: 12(4):687-9.
- Andrade W, Vitale M and Castellanos F. Case Report: Ileolithiasis, A complication of the Gallbladder Disease Associated with Bilioenteric Fistulae. Guatemalan Association of Surgery Magazine – 10/2003: 12:54-57.
Dr. Werner Andrade's office location
Tenet Florida Physician Services
2601 SW 37th Ave, Suite 903
Coral Gables, FL 33133
Patient reviews for Dr. Werner Andrade
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- More Specialties
- Bariatric Surgery Consultation
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery Consultation
- Nissen Fundoplication
- Obesity / Weight Loss Consultation
- Revisional Weight Loss Surgery
- Weight Loss Consultation
- Weight Loss Follow Up
- Weight Loss Operation