Dr. William Woolf, MD
**INSURANCE STATEMENT-AHCCCS plans do not cover routine eye exams or contact lens exams.** Dr. Bill Woolf was raised in Mesa, Arizona. He graduated cum laude from Brigham Young University before attending the University of Arizona College of Medicine in Tucson, Arizona. His well-rounded post-doctoral training includes an internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Texas San Antonio and a three-year Ophthalmology (Eye physician and surgeon) Residency at the world famous Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota. He was Chief Ophthalmology Resident in his last year of training. He volunteered and served in the United States Navy as a general medical officer assigned to the First Marine Regiment, First Marine Division, Camp Pendleton, California. He also worked as a Family Practitioner in New Ulm, Minnesota and in Emergency Departments in rural Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Banner Gateway Medical Center
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Education and training
- Brigham Young University (Bachelor's)
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Residency in Ophthalmology
- Medical School - University of Arizona, Tucson, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Texas, San Antonio, Internship in Internal Medicine
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Awards and publications
- Selected as one of "America's Best Physician's 2016, 2017 & 2018 by the National Consumer Advisory Board
- Selected as a "Top Ophthalmologist" 2011, 2012 & 2013 by Consumer Research America.
- Included in "The Leading Physicians of the World" 2015-2016
Woolf Eye and Laser Center
2855 E Brown Rd, Suite 10
Mesa, AZ 85213