Dr. Yan Sun, MD, PhD
Yan Sun is a caring and attentive internist in Bedford, OH. Dr. Sun obtained her medical degree from the Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science & Technology. She also completed her PhD in gastroenterology at Union Hospital. Dr. Sun completed her residency in internal medicine at Texas Tech University, El Paso. She also earned a masters’ degree in internal medicine from Tongji Hospital. Dr. Sun is a part of Rockside Internal Medicine and is affiliated with University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio. She is also a member of the International Gastrointestinal Electrophysiology Society. Dr. Sun is trilingual in English, Chinese, and Spanish. Outside of her practice, Dr. Sun enjoys reading, running, and hanging out with friends. She has received the Young Investigator Award and the Alvarez Award. During her consultations, Dr. Sun fully explains patients’ conditions and helps them choose an appropriate treatment plan. Please note that our office welcomes deaf patients and has sign language interpreters available upon request. If you are booking an appointment and will need an interpreter, please be sure to book more than a week in advance and make the fact that you need an interpreter clear so that we can ensure we have the appropriate staff on hand.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Education and training
- Medical School - Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Bachelor of Medicine
- Texas Tech University, El Paso, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Tongji Hospital, Master’s in Internal Medicine
- Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science & Technology, Union Hospital, PhD in Gastroenterology
- International Gastrointestinal Electrophysiology Society
Awards and publications
- Alvarez Award, international Gastrointestinal Electrophysiology Society, Chicago, IL, May, 2014
- Sun Y, Song G, McCallum, RW. Evaluation of acotiamide for the treatment of functional dyspepsia. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2014, Aug; 10(8): 1161-1168. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 2488148. Pub Status: Published.
- Sun Y, Tan Y, Song G, Chen JD. Effects and mechanisms of gastric electrical stimulation on visceral pain in a rodent model of gastric hyperalgesia secondary to chemically induced mucosal ulceration. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2014, Feb; 26(2): 176-186. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 24165025. Pub Status: Published.
- Presidential Poster Presentation Award, ACG, Philadelphia, PA, Oct, 2014
- Horizon Pharma Abstract Prize, AGA research foundation, DDW 2013. Orlando, FL, May, 2013
UH Rockside Internal Medicine
50 Blaine Ave, Ste 2100
Bedford, OH 44146