Dr. Mario Tuchman, MD, DMD
Oral Surgeon, Dentist
Please note that Dr. Tuchman is ALSO IN NETWORK with the following plans: Aetna Student Health Plan Aetna Medical for Oral Surgery Plan All Indemnity PPO Plans Dentegra Dr Tuchman received his D.M.D. degree from the University of Pennsylvania, his M.D. degree from UCLA School of Medicine and his certificate in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery from UCLA Hospital Medical Center. His training included surgical training in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile at the Hospital de Clínicas and Funación Gantz, respectively. He also completed the AO Cranio-maxillofacial Surgery International Fellowship at Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre in Madrid, Spain. Dr Tuchman presently limits his private practice to full-scope Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery procedures with heavy emphasis in the areas of titanium and zirconia dental implants and associated hard & soft tissue grafting. He is a Fellow of the International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Dr Tuchman is dually-licensed in dentistry and medicine in the states of New York, Connecticut and Florida. Dr Tuchman is on staff at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City and Doctor's Hospital in Coral Gables, Florida. He is also a part-time faculty member with NYU's Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr Tuchman is part of the Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry's (JIACD) Editorial Advisory Board and has been published in multiple journal articles and books on subjects encompassing all scopes of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr Tuchman lives in Manhattan with his wife and two boys.
- Oral Surgeon
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
Education and training
- Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Fellowship in Craniomaxillofacial Surgery
- Medical School - University of Pennsylvania, Doctor of Dental Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles, Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- University of California, Los Angeles, Doctor of Medicine
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Awards and publications
- Chapter: “Orthognathic Surgery” Garri JI, Tuchman M, Kawamoto HK, Urrego AF in “Craniofacial Surgery” Editors: Thaller, Garri, Bradley; Taylor & Francis Group. 2007
- “A New Technique for Hydroxylapatite Augmentation of the Zygoma” Kawamoto HK, Garri JI, Tuchman M, Bradley JP, Urrego AF; accepted by Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2005.
- “Improved Nasal Tip Projection in Treatment of the Bilateral Cleft Nasal Deformity” Garri JI, Tuchman M, Bradley JP, Urrego AF. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 16(5):834-839, September 2005
- “The ‘K-Stitch' for hypertelorbitism: Improved soft tissue correction with glabellar width reduction” Kawamoto HK, Garri JI, Tuchman M, Bradley JP, Urrego AF; accepted by Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, 2005.
Mario Tuchman D.M.D., M.D.
353 Lexington Avenue, Suite 700
New York, NY 10016