Dr. Amr Etman, MD, FACOG, PhD
Reproductive Endocrinologist, OB-GYN, Gynecologist
About Dr. Amr Etman
Dr. Amr Etman is a board-certified OB/GYN who specializes in the evaluation and management of women’s bodies and reproductive health, and has been practicing for several decades. His main areas of interest are in female infertility, transvaginal ultrasonography, recurrent pregnancy loss, intrauterine insemination, IUD implantation and removal, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, menopause, and female urinary incontinence. He is also experienced in treating all manner of gynecologic issues, in addition to first-trimester obstetrics. Dr. Etman graduated from medical school in Egypt in 1987. He completed his PhD program in the United States in 1996 and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology and a post graduate fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the State University of New York, Upstate Medical University at Syracuse. After running a successful practice in Wyoming, he recently moved to the Northern Virginia area. He currently resides in Tysons with his wife and pet dog.
- Reproductive Endocrinologist
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- Medical School - Tanta University Faculty of Medicine, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Menoufia University, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Tanta University Faculty of Medicine, PhD in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
Awards and publications
- Badawy SZA, Etman AE, Cuenca V, Montante A, Kaufman L: Effect of Interferon a-2b on endometrioma cells in vitro. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 98(3): 417-420, September 2001.
- Badawy SZA, Etman AE, Singh, M, Murphy K, Mayelli T, Philadelphia M: Uterine artery embolization: -The role in obstetrics and gynecology. Journal of Clinical Imaging. (25): 288-295, 2001.
- Badawy SZA, Etman AE, Cuenca V, Montante A, Kaufman L: Concentration of nitric oxide in chocolate cyst fluid. Journal of Gynecologic Surgery, 17(4):115-118, 2001.
- Badawy, SZA, Abdul-Karim, RW, and Etman, AE: Letter to the editor: Angiotensin-converting Enzyme-a Role in Reproduction? Questions to be answered. Journal of Fertility and Sterility, 72(4): 749-50, 1999.
- Ultrasound in Reproductive Endocrinology, Book Chapter, Hysterosalpingogram. 2009, Authors: Badawy, SZA, and Etman, AE Editor: Peter Rizk, MD.
Dr. Amr Etman's office location
Synergy Immediate Care
1980 Gallows Rd, 2nd Floor (OBGYN/Infertility)
Tysons, VA 22182
Patient reviews for Dr. Amr Etman
Endocrinologists by Location
Popular Insurances Accepted By Endocrinologists
- Aetna Endocrinologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- Cigna Endocrinologists
- UnitedHealthcare Endocrinologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Endocrinologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Endocrinologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Endocrinologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Endocrinologists
- More Insurances