Dr. Amy Tyson, MD
Dr. Amy Tyson is a psychiatrist treating patients in San Francisco, California, and the surrounding communities. She holds certification from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Tyson is also a member of professional organizations including the American Psychoanalytic Association, the American Psychiatric Association, and the San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis. For her undergraduate degree, Dr. Tyson attended Yale University. She remained at the university in order to pursue her medical degree. Dr. Tyson continued her medical education at the University of California, San Francisco, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute. Here, she received adult psychiatry residency training and completed a fellowship program in child and adolescent psychiatry. She is an Assistant Clinical Professor at UCSF. She completed psychoanalytic training at the San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis, where she is currently a faculty member. Patients visiting Dr. Tyson can receive a full range of psychiatric care. She provides adult, adolescent, and child psychiatry and psychoanalysis. She is currently focusing her practice on adult psychotherapy with psychopharmacology. In addition to her practice, Dr. Tyson has prepared publications on subjects including pregnancy for professional women and group therapy approaches.
Education and training
- Medical School - Yale University, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, San Francisco, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, Residency in Psychiatry
- University of California, San Francisco, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis (Psychoanalytics)
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- Northern California Psychiatric Society
- International Psychoanalytical Association
Amy Tyson M.D.
3321 Sacramento St
San Francisco, CA 94118