About Dr. Andrew Ippoliti
Dr. Ippoliti has extensive experience in gastroenterology and is a well-known expert both nationally and locally. He previously was on the faculty at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA where he rose to a professor in clinical medicine. Later he joined the faculty at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and was the associate chief of gastroenterology for over a decade. He has now moved to the Keck Medicine of USC in the same capacity. He has been involved in the training of many of the gastroenterologists practicing in the Los Angeles area and sees many second opinion consultations from them. He is known nationally as a key thought leader in inflammatory bowel disease and in gastroesophageal reflux disease. He has served on many advisory boards and has lectured at medical centers around the country and abroad. Dr. Ippoliti has practiced as a primary gastroenterologist for more than 30 years. He has generally been part of an academic group practice. During regular work hours, he is available by phone or email, while after hours and weekends are covered by the group. He encourages frequent follow-up visits especially with complex chronic illnesses, such as inflammatory bowel disease. He also believes in monitoring disease activity with ancillary tests such as laboratory, imaging and endoscopy. He establishes solid working relationships with colleagues in medicine, radiology, pathology and surgery to ensure the best possible patient care. While he tries to adhere to a schedule, he wants each patient to have an adequate amount of time to discuss his or her condition whether the patient is new or visiting for a follow-up. He can promise that since he is in a group practice, it is highly unlikely that an emergency case would interrupt his schedule.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Tulane University, Doctor of Medicine
- District of Columbia General Hospital, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Georgetown University Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
Awards and publications
- Colonic Phenotypes Are Associated with Poorer Response to Anti-TNF Therapies in Patients with IBD Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2017 Aug; 23(8):1382-1393
- Outcomes with Anti-Tumour Necrosis Factor-Alpha Therapy and Serology in Patients with Denovo Crohn's Disease After Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis J Crohns Colitis. 2017 Jan; 11(1):77-83.
- Microgeographic Proteomic Networks of the Human Colonic Mucosa and Their Association With Inflammatory Bowel Disease Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016 Sep; 2(5):567-583.
Dr. Andrew Ippoliti's office locations
Keck Medicine of USC - Medicine
Keck Medicine of USC - Health Sciences Campus
1520 San Pablo St, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Keck Medicine of USC - Medicine
Keck Medicine of USC - Beverly Hills
9033 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 305
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Patient reviews for Dr. Andrew Ippoliti
Short wait time, excellent doc, updated facilities.
Always friendly mindful concise to the point & professional - def my favorite DR.
The doctor listened to my concerns, provided his opinions and seemed genuine.
Best Doctor ever :)
Very personable. Super nice. Takes time to explain things.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Gastroenterology Consultation
- Gastroenterology Follow Up
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux / Heartburn
- Biliary Tract Problem
- Black Stool / Melena
- Blood in Stool
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Colonoscopy Consultation
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive Problem
- Food Intolerance
- More Procedures
- Aetna Gastroenterologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- Cigna Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Gastroenterologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Gastroenterologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Gastroenterologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Gastroenterologists
- More Insurances