About Dr. Brenda Giles
B. Louise Giles, MD, is a leader in the field of pediatric pulmonary medicine. She treats children with a wide range of respiratory disorders, including asthma, chronic respiratory failure and non-CF bronchiectasis. As an active researcher, Dr. Giles studies pulmonary health for those with chronic lung disease. She has investigated the mechanisms that regulate the expression of extracellular superoxide dismutase (EC-SOD) in the developing lung. She has also studied the use of mechanical ventilation, such as high-frequency oscillatory ventilation when conventional mechanical ventilation fails.
- All Savers Insurance
- Pediatric Pulmonologist
- The University of Chicago Medical Center
- Pediatric Pulmonology (Pediatrics)
Education and training
- Medical School - Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Western University, Doctor of Medicine
- Victoria Hospital (Internship)
- Western University (Residency)
- Western University (Fellowship)
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Thoracic Society
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Dr. Brenda Giles's office location
University of Chicago Medicine Hyde Park
UChicago Medicine Hyde Park
5721 S Maryland Avenue, 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60637
Patient reviews for Dr. Brenda Giles
Quick and very understanding. Came to an agreement for Karter's health. Very detailed instructions on future care for Karter, helpful treating today for asthma pump.
Great as always.
It was great.
It was wonderful!
Everything was okay. We wanted to speak with a nutrionist but no one showed up. Dr. Giles said she would have them call us.
It was great and fast.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Pulmonology Consultation
- Pulmonology Follow Up
- CT Scan - Lungs
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pediatric Asthma
- Pediatric Bronchitis
- Pediatric Pneumonia
- Pediatric Pulmonary Function Testing
- More Procedures
- Aetna Pulmonologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Pulmonologists
- Cigna Pulmonologists
- UnitedHealthcare Pulmonologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Pulmonologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Pulmonologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Pulmonologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Pulmonologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Pulmonologists
- More Insurances