Dr. Brett Mellinger, MD
Urological Surgeon, Urologist
*Chosen one of Castle Connolly’s 2015 “Top Doctors” ***Please Note: Dr. Mellinger only sees Male patients.*** Dr. Mellinger received his medical degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine. He then completed his urology residency at the Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn and a two-year fellowship in male reproductive medicine and surgery at New York Hospital-Cornell University Medical Center. Dr. Mellinger initially joined the department of urology at Long Island Jewish Medical Center where he headed the Long Island Center for Male Reproduction. Dr. Mellinger subsequently moved his practice to Winthrop-University Hospital and served as Chairman, department of urology, from 1994 to 2003. Dr. Mellinger is now in private practice in IMP, PLLC. Dr. Mellinger holds an academic position as Associate Professor of Clinical Urology at SUNY Stony Brook. He has published extensively in the urologic literature including articles and book chapters and has produced medical videos. Dr. Mellinger has extensive experience in the evaluation and treatment of male infertility, erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease, ejaculatory disorders and male hypogonadism. Dr. Mellinger has been listed in New York Magazine’s The Best Doctors in New York on numerous occasions and with Castle Connolly’s best doctor list yearly.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Urological Surgeon
- North Shore University Hospital
- Winthrop-University Hospital
- American Board of Urology
Education and training
- Medical School - Indiana University, Doctor of Medicine
- New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, Fellowship in Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Urology
- American College of Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Castle Connolly’s Best Doctor List.
- Listed in New York Magazine’s The Best Doctors in New York.
Advanced Urology Centers of NY - Garden City
585 Stewart Ave, Suite L14
Garden City, NY 11530