About Dr. Brett Mellinger
*Chosen one of Castle Connolly’s 2015 “Top Doctors” ***Please Note: Dr. Mellinger only sees male patients. If you have not been seen in the office within the last 3 years you will need to book a new patient appointment*** Dr. Mellinger received his medical degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine. He then completed his urology residency at the Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn and a two-year fellowship in male reproductive medicine and surgery at New York Hospital-Cornell University Medical Center. Dr. Mellinger initially joined the department of urology at Long Island Jewish Medical Center where he headed the Long Island Center for Male Reproduction. Dr. Mellinger subsequently moved his practice to Winthrop-University Hospital and served as Chairman, department of urology, from 1994 to 2003. Dr. Mellinger is now in private practice in IMP, PLLC. Dr. Mellinger holds an academic position as Associate Professor of Clinical Urology at SUNY Stony Brook. He has published extensively in the urologic literature including articles and book chapters and has produced medical videos. Dr. Mellinger has extensive experience in the evaluation and treatment of male infertility, erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease, ejaculatory disorders and male hypogonadism. Dr. Mellinger has been listed in New York Magazine’s The Best Doctors in New York on numerous occasions and with Castle Connolly’s best doctor list yearly.
- Urological Surgeon
- North Shore University Hospital
- Winthrop-University Hospital
- American Board of Urology
Education and training
- Medical School - Indiana University, Doctor of Medicine
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Urology
- New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, Fellowship in Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Listed in New York Magazine’s The Best Doctors in New York.
- Castle Connolly’s Best Doctor List.
Dr. Brett Mellinger's office location
Advanced Urology Centers of NY - Garden City
585 Stewart Ave, Suite L14
Garden City, NY 11530
Patient reviews for Dr. Brett Mellinger
Friendly professional staff. Very comfortable, pleasant atmosphere. Highly recommended
Im very happy with my appointment with Dr Mellinger. He is very thorough and knowledgeable taking his time to listen to my thoughts & concerns. I would highly recommend Dr Mellinger to anyone in need of a Urogolist.
Has been my urologist for many years and hope many more. An absolute professional and excellent Doctor.
Amazing doctor. Plus no wait. Very professional and great bedside manner
Very professional. Excellent staff and facilities.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Congenital Kidney Disease
- Frequent Urination
- Genital Abnormalities
- Invasive Urologic Procedure
- Kidney Stones
- Laparoscopic Surgery Consultation
- Male Infertility
- Neurogenic Bladder
- Prostate Cancer Second Opinion
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Urological Surgery Consultation
- Urologic Cancer
- More Procedures