About Dr. Brooke Barton
* Please be advised that Dr. Barton will contact you regarding the terms and conditions of your evaluation * Dr. Brooke Barton is a thorough, warm psychiatrist treating patients in Santa Monica and Santa Clarita, California, and the surrounding communities. Her goal as a practitioner is to help her patients live in a happier, healthier way. She holds certification from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and is a member of the American Psychiatric Association. In order to pursue her doctoral degree, Dr. Barton attended Columbia University. She continued her medical education at the University of California, Los Angeles. Here, she completed an internship in general medicine and received residency training in psychiatry. Patients visiting Dr. Barton can receive a full range of psychiatric services. She specializes in psychopharmacology and eclectic psychotherapy, combining cognitive behavioral therapy, supportive therapy, and common sense. When she is not treating patients, Dr. Barton enjoys playing cello, singing, reading, and spending time laughing with friends.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- Medical School - Columbia University, Doctor of Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles, Internship in General Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles, Residency in Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
Awards and publications
- Barton, Brooke M. and Gitlin Michael J.; "Verapamil in Treatment-Resistant Mania: An Open Trial”; J. Clin Psychopharm, Vol 7, No 2, April 1987, pp. 101-103.
Dr. Brooke Barton's office locations
Brooke Barton, M.D.
2730 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 620
Santa Monica, CA 90403
Brooke Barton, M.D.
25050 Peachland Ave., Suite 270
Santa Clarita, CA 91321
Patient reviews for Dr. Brooke Barton
Kind and thorough. Highly recommend
Very easy to work with
Excellent and thorough
I've only had one visit, so it's hard to assess in the short time, but I will say she seemed very professional and given a very complicated story, she seemed to be following quite well... Hoping to establish something in my second visit(problem, cause, solution...) Also, a little pricy but I suppose if she's good enough it's worth it with insurance!
Great listener. Very easy to talk to.
Professional yet friendly, easy to talk to.
I absolutely love her! She is very warm and inviting and really takes her time listening to you. Her office is also very nice and comfortable! I highly recommend her!
Extremely professional, listens very well and has insightful feedback.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Psychiatry Consultation
- Psychiatry Follow Up
- Addiction Consultation
- Addiction Follow Up
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Art Therapy
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Therapy
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- Cigna Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychiatrists
- More Insurances