Dr. Carolyn Kaloostian, MD
Primary Care Doctor
Dr. Kaloostian treats patients with respect dignity and an open-mind. She offers evidence-based medical recommendations and weighs the risks and benefits with her patients before any decision is made. She is understanding in regards to patients' preferences of treating different diagnoses. She encourages family members to join in discussions on difficult decisions and values a multi-disciplined approach to most problems. She attempts to provide timely responses to patient concerns as well as updates on lab tests quickly.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Primary Care Doctor
- Keck Hospital of USC
Education and training
- Medical School - University of California, Los Angeles, Doctor of Medicine
- California Hospital Medical Center, Internship in Family Medicine
- California Hospital Medical Center, Residency in Family Medicine
- Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles, Fellowship in Geriatrics
- American Medical Association
Awards and publications
- Case report: senile-onset amyloidosis presenting with painful lower extremity neuropathy J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014 Oct; 62(10):2017-8.
- Effects of vitamin D on muscle strength and mobility in older women J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011 Apr; 59(4):771; author reply 771-2.
- Making a difference Fam Med. 2010 Sep; 42(8):585-6.
- The Surgical Care Improvement project (SCIP) initiative to reduce infection in elective colorectal surgery: which performance measures affect outcome? Am Surg. 2008 Oct; 74(10):1012-6.
Keck Medicine of USC - Family Medicine
Keck Medicine of USC - Pasadena
625 S Fair Oaks Ave, Ste 400
Pasadena, CA 91105