About Dr. Carolyn Kaloostian
Dr. Kaloostian treats patients with respect dignity and an open-mind. She offers evidence-based medical recommendations and weighs the risks and benefits with her patients before any decision is made. She is understanding in regards to patients' preferences of treating different diagnoses. She encourages family members to join in discussions on difficult decisions and values a multi-disciplined approach to most problems. She attempts to provide timely responses to patient concerns as well as updates on lab tests quickly.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Primary Care Doctor
- Keck Hospital of USC
Education and training
- Medical School - University of California, Los Angeles, Doctor of Medicine
- California Hospital Medical Center, Internship in Family Medicine
- California Hospital Medical Center, Residency in Family Medicine
- Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles, Fellowship in Geriatrics
- American Medical Association
Awards and publications
- Case report: senile-onset amyloidosis presenting with painful lower extremity neuropathy J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014 Oct; 62(10):2017-8.
- Effects of vitamin D on muscle strength and mobility in older women J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011 Apr; 59(4):771; author reply 771-2.
- Making a difference Fam Med. 2010 Sep; 42(8):585-6.
- The Surgical Care Improvement project (SCIP) initiative to reduce infection in elective colorectal surgery: which performance measures affect outcome? Am Surg. 2008 Oct; 74(10):1012-6.
Dr. Carolyn Kaloostian's office location
Keck Medicine of USC - Family Medicine
Keck Medicine of USC - Pasadena
625 S Fair Oaks Ave, Ste 400
Pasadena, CA 91105
Patient reviews for Dr. Carolyn Kaloostian
By FAR the kindest, most knowledgeable, and warm doctor I’ve ever seen. I feel like I just hit the insurance jackpot. Dr. K is the raddest!
She ordered my translator That part is very helpful and I could explain so many things
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
Excellent! Very thorough informative, nurse/doctor listened well, hugely helpful.
Very good advise. Friendly, and detail. Careful.
Very informative, I think Dr. Kaloostian is a very wonderful doctor who is helping me w/ my health issues. Would recommend Dr. K as a great doctor to others.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- More Specialties
- Cardiology Follow Up
- Endocrinology Consultation
- Endocrinology Follow Up
- Foot Consultation
- Foot Follow Up
- Neurology Consultation
- Neurology Follow Up
- Neurosurgery Consultation
- Oncology Follow Up
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Surgery Consultation
- Urology Follow Up
- Nose Problems
- Abdominal Cramps
- More Procedures
- Aetna Doctors
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Doctors
- Cigna Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Doctors
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Doctors
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Doctors
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Doctors
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Doctors
- More Insurances